What is the best external hard drive for me?




afetishble


I use a 13 inch Macbook Pro, I have almost 6,000 songs in my iTunes library and would really like to back up my music, movies, and photos to an external hard drive, in case something happens to my computer. What size hard drive should I use and what brand is best? I'm hoping not to spend too much money, but I'm absolutely clueless as to what size I need.


Answer
good thing is external hard drives are cheap. You can get a 1TB (1000GB basically) for around $50. Try newegg.com for reviews and cheap prices. Anything over 250Gb is probably good enough. Main thing is get one that supports your fastest port which is probably firewire or ieee so backup doesnt take long.

College student- macbook air or pro?




Bec


In the fall, I'll be a college freshmen. I'm looking into buying a new apple laptop and I'm stuck between the 13" MacBook Air or the 13" Macbook Pro. I'm a little hesitant about the MBA because of it's lack of a CD drive, however if I chose the MBA I would buy the external one without a doubt. I also read that it doesn't have a lot of storage room, and you can upgrade the storage? But I also love the portability of it but I'm afraid I'd break it. I also heard that the air isn't made to last long term. I want my computer to last me at least four years in college.

I've read a lot of reviews of both of them and I'm stuck. Basically, tell me the pros and cons of each and which one you would choose.

I'll mainly use my computer for: word, powerpoint, internet surfing, saving lots of pictures, a few games from bigfish.

Thank you. :)
I heard that a new MBP is going to be released soon and if so - would that be the one to buy?!



Answer
Go for Macbook Pro. All of the MacBook Pros feature a DVD drive, while the MacBook Airs don't have any disc drive at all unless you buy the SuperDrive add-on, so if you want to watch DVDs, you should take that into consideration and also having less hard drive fro storage. Read the review to make up your choice

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1RFSGEQAZ626E?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B002QQ8H8I&nodeID=&ref_=cm_cr_pr_perm%23&tag=aibroa-20&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

Here is the discount price you can find for the Macbook Pro, from my research:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CWIVYI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=aibroa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B005CWIVYI

Here is also the discount price for Macbook Air, you might be interested:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CWHZP4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=aibroa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B005CWHZP4




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar