Q. I just want to use it to store info as my laptop has 300gb hard drive in it. I just want an external hard drive for storage. Like for example, storing movies.
I heard that the difference between a laptop external hard drive and a desktop external hard drive, is the power cord. The fomer does not need one and the latter needs one. Is that the only difference? Please help.
I heard that the difference between a laptop external hard drive and a desktop external hard drive, is the power cord. The fomer does not need one and the latter needs one. Is that the only difference? Please help.
Answer
You can use either a 3.5" external drive (traditionally considered as desktop external drives and the majority will need additional power) or a more portable, 2.5" external drive (majority won't need external power) but either will work fine, via your laptop's USB port.
Edit to add:
Man City? Are you a blues fan?
You can use either a 3.5" external drive (traditionally considered as desktop external drives and the majority will need additional power) or a more portable, 2.5" external drive (majority won't need external power) but either will work fine, via your laptop's USB port.
Edit to add:
Man City? Are you a blues fan?
Hooking up Laptop Hard Drive to Desktop USB?
J
I have a hard drive removed from a Dell laptop. The laptop was destroyed, but the hard drive is undamaged. I would like to somehow connect this hard drive to my desktop USB port to get files off of it. What items or cables do I need? THanks!
Answer
You need to buy one of those 2.5" enclosure kits
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-5-SATA-Hard-Drive-Disk-Case-Enclosure-Laptop-Blk-/370551904485?pt=US_Drive_Enclosures_Docks&hash=item56469d58e5
then put that hard drive inside this enclosure kit and simply plug it in as an external USB hard drive.
Keep in mind, this thing is not a hard drive,this thing is empty,you have to put your hard drive inside this.
Good luck,
You need to buy one of those 2.5" enclosure kits
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-5-SATA-Hard-Drive-Disk-Case-Enclosure-Laptop-Blk-/370551904485?pt=US_Drive_Enclosures_Docks&hash=item56469d58e5
then put that hard drive inside this enclosure kit and simply plug it in as an external USB hard drive.
Keep in mind, this thing is not a hard drive,this thing is empty,you have to put your hard drive inside this.
Good luck,
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar