Is this the product I need to connect my laptop hard drive to a desktop?




DogLvr


http://cgi.ebay.com/IDE-SATA-Laptop-PC-Hard-Drive-HDD-DVD-USB-Adapter-/220595042115?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335c7d3743
Could I hook up my hard drive to this, plug it into the desktop's USB, and access/delete files off the laptop hard drive? I would just delete them on my laptop but it won't stay on. If this isn't the thing I need, how about this: http://cgi.ebay.com/IDE-2-5-3-5-inch-Laptop-Hard-Drive-Converter-Adapter-/130395094943?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5c273f9f ? Would either work?
Thanks
I don't know what type of hard drive I have, I'm not good with hard drives. I'm guessing it's a 2.5 since that's what most laptops have.?
Mine is a Compaq Presario V6000. I got it about 4 years ago.



Answer
Your Compaq has a 2.5" SATA hard drive I believe.

I would go for the first one you mentioned and use the flat red cable to connect the laptop HDD to the small SATA connector shown on the top of the USB part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IDE-SATA-Laptop-PC-Hard-Drive-HDD-DVD-USB-Adapter-/220595042115?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335c7d3743

but (from my recent similar experience) you might also want to get something like this power cable so you can connect the extracted laptop drive to the (usually) spare hard drive power cable link inside your desktop. In my case the USB connection didn't supply enough power to run the laptop drive on its own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Converts-old-Desktop-PC-power-supply-new-SATA-heads-/220618117683?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335ddd5233

EDIT

HOWEVER - You had better look first to see what type of hard drive power connection cable you have in your desktop. My desktop was pretty old, and so had the 3.5" EIDE HDD power connector I showed.

Your desktop may well be different and already have a SATA hard drive instead. In which case you could perhaps just connect a spare desktop HDD power link directly onto the laptop HDD (if necessary).

how to recover info from laptop that has bad motherboard?




Brian


I have an HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop that has a bad motherboard and I need to get the info off of the hard drive. Can I transfer my info to my desktop? If so, how?


Answer
remove the hard drive and connect it to your desktop either directly or with a USB converter.

Sata laptop drives use the same connectors as SATA desktop drives. IDE laptop drives need an adpator to go from the 44 pin IDE+power connection to standard desktop IDE and power connectors.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar