random_me
I bought the WD My Book Essential but it has this confusing software where you can't specifically choose which files you want to move. You can only choose categories (movies, documents, etc) that you would like to back up.
I want a hard drive that's easy to use, reliable, and for storage. Something as simple as copying and pasting my photos (or dragging them) not one who's main focus is backup and includes a confusing software. so I think I'll just return it.. xp
Which external hard drive do you suggest?
I heard that seagate isn't all that great and that they make clicking noises, just a rumor?
Answer
I suggest, Western Digital Elements, 1TB, it doesn't require external power, its 1TB, its small and compact and only $101.99. I have 3 of them and they all work fine with no issues whatsoever. But if you don't like this one check amazon.com. Check the customer reviews. 500 people who all say a hard drive is good or bad cant be wrong. Hope this helps.
EDIT: Also this is a plug and play hard drive, no software to install whatsoever.
I suggest, Western Digital Elements, 1TB, it doesn't require external power, its 1TB, its small and compact and only $101.99. I have 3 of them and they all work fine with no issues whatsoever. But if you don't like this one check amazon.com. Check the customer reviews. 500 people who all say a hard drive is good or bad cant be wrong. Hope this helps.
EDIT: Also this is a plug and play hard drive, no software to install whatsoever.
is it possible to get HV20's uncompressed video directly onto an external hard drive?
toolate
So I avoid the compression of tape. And how could I achieve this
Answer
By using an external drive from FireStore (or Canon or Sony or JVC). A plain old "dumb" drive you connect to a computer for file storage will not work. The Firestore drive from Focus Enhancements (and others) have firmware embedded on some chips that the dumb drives don't have.
And just so you know, miniDV tape stores DV and HDV - these are the least compressed of the available consumer storage methods. The external drives from Focus Enhancements store in the same DV and HDV formats.
By using an external drive from FireStore (or Canon or Sony or JVC). A plain old "dumb" drive you connect to a computer for file storage will not work. The Firestore drive from Focus Enhancements (and others) have firmware embedded on some chips that the dumb drives don't have.
And just so you know, miniDV tape stores DV and HDV - these are the least compressed of the available consumer storage methods. The external drives from Focus Enhancements store in the same DV and HDV formats.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar