I'm trying to put a 1tb hard drive in my laptop. What do I need to research?




Testostero


I'm looking at this hard drive:
http://www.supermediastore.com/western-digital-1000gb-wd10eacs-sata300-7200rpm-caviar-gp-hard-drive.html

and I want to put it in my Toshiba Satellite l305d-s5895. I'm going to max everything out on the laptop so I don't have to worry about any problems. I already have Vista x64 and 4gb ram. I just need to get rid of this 250gb hard drive.



Answer
That drive won't fit in a laptop. You need a 2.5 inch hard drive; that one is designed to go in a Desktop/Tower, or in an external drive bay.

Try looking at specifically notebook hard drives:

http://www.newegg.com/store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=380

http://www.buy.com/cat/internal-laptop-hard-drive-2-5/58952.html

Unfortunately, most hard drives for notebooks are more expensive and also don't store as much.

250GB isn't that bad for a notebook hard drive.

Newegg only has hard drives that go up to 500GB, you can view those specifically here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000150380%201309740009&name=500GB

Buy.com doesn't have any over 320GB.

External hard drive not recognized on MacBook pro.?




Conal


Toshiba 1TB USB 3.0 external hard drive. When it is plugged into my MacBook the light on the hard drive turns on yet no matter how long I wait the Mac does not read the hard drive. The hard drive reads on a windows 7 PC and I have formatted my hard drive to NTFS and FAT32 and the hard drive still won't read on the MacBook. I am at a loss and I need a lot of help.


Answer
Are you sure that your settings in the Finder don't just have external disks hidden? Click out on your desktop, then go to the Finder menu, preferences, make sure the box next to 'external disks' is checked.
Macs read FAT32 and NTFS.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar