Connecting external hard drive?




hardstone8


I have a hard drive from my older PC. I want to backup my laptop data on that hard drive. Is there anyway I could connect it through USB?


Answer
Buy a hard drive external enclosure. You can buy them from NewEgg or Amazon for relatively cheap. Just make sure you educate yourself on the difference between SATA/PATA and 2.5" v. 3.5" drives.

Want to make a USB external Hard Drive, what HD and Enclosure do I buy?




Yapster


Want to make an EXTERNAL USB hard drive but I dont know what Hard Drive or Enclosure combination should I buy that would work with my computer.
My Store Selections for Hard Drives run from 80-160GB SATA and 80-160GB IDE.
My Store Selections for Enclosures range from 2.5, 3.5 & 5..25 for SATA and for IDE
MY DESKTOP SPECS:
PROCESSOR is Pentium 4 3.06 GHz,533 Mhz
RAM is 1.512 MB.
MBOARD is ELITE 865G-M8 800 Mhz, SATA



Answer
it depends if the external drive has to be transportable or not. if it has to be transportable you have to get a notebook hard drive and a 2.5" enclosure. if you need it only at home, a 3.5" drive and enclosure is better and cheaper and you can have a much larger drive for the same money.

one thing to consider: why in the world would you get such a small hard drive of 80-160GB? a 400-500GB drive is only a few bucks more in case you want to chose the 3.5" solution, but size is ok if it has to be transportable.

btw, your idea buying the drive and enclosure separately is much better because it's cheaper and easy to assemble (only 2 screws).

on what you have to pay attention: the enclosure must have an internal SATA interface and also the hard drive. (IDE/ Ultra ATA interfaces are no more up to date).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar