Why does my Sony VGN-CR520E/N VAIO Notebook - Champagne Gold not work with external hard drives?




Hi


I recently bought a LaCie 301302U 500GB External 3.5" Hard Drive, but everytime I plug in into the laptop, it doesn't appear in my computer and some "driver installation" wizard pops up but always says it can't find the driver to let it work. I have Widows Vista Premium. The funny thing is that it works with my old Dell Windows XP desktop perfectly. Also, my laptop is always saying something about "unable to validate" or something.

Thank you.

If you need any more information, just ask.



Answer
Yep you need to install the driver for your hard drive (USB Mass Storage Device)

My computer won't recognize my Lacie external hard drive?




Kyle H


I have a Dell desktop PC with Windows 7 and it will not recognize my Lacie rugged triple 500GB external hard drive. It worked months ago and I was able to put stuff on it, but not now. When I plug the hard drive in, the safely remove hardware icon appears but nothing shows up in My Computer. I did some research and found that the external hard drive is recognized in Disk Management, but it says it is unallocated, whatever that means. What is the problem and what am I supposed to do!?


Answer
The problem is that the disk is corrupt and therefore the files cannot be displayed.

It is likely that the disk was being written to but the program doing the writing (Windows Backup possibly) did no finalise the i/o transaction and therefore the MST (Master File Table) has become corrupt.

This problem may not be fixable. Your could try analysing the disk by downloading Testdisk.
I tried but it didn't recover the data I was after.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar