Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced external desktop hard drive up to 500 GB obtainable in UK?




annawla


I would prefer the hard drive to draw power from a USB socket and be compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 in case I should change my operating system.


Answer
I recommend a WD Elements External. It comes with Backup Software and Hardware Encryption.

Check these and other on Amazon here http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=external+hard+drive+500gb&x=0&y=0

or From Ebuyer here http://www.ebuyer.com/product/171896

Which External Hard Drive?




Lc


I want to buy a new hard drive and I have found two good priced ones at these to websites -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Elements-Desktop-External/dp/B002E7HEVU/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1291319495&sr=1-1

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2763332/art/seagate/expansion-1-tb-usb-2-0-ex.html

So they are similar in price and the same size so as the title says which one should I get. The reason for the uncertainty is that I have never heard of Western Digital bur Segate I have but I am not sure which is more reliable



Answer
Both Seagate and Western Digital are among the top makers of hard drives. They have comparable quality. The other top brands are Samsung, Toshiba and Hitachi. The others are mainly brand marketers that use the hard drives from those top top 5 brand.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar