Is it alright to buy a hard drive with a 2.5" form factor for my desktop computer?

desktop hard drive 2.5 on westan external hard drive media center hard drive western digital
desktop hard drive 2.5 image



jadeny3


I know that hard drives with a 2.5" form factor are usually for laptops but they are cheaper than the 3.5". So will it work on my desktop computer?


Answer
Yes. You may need an adapter to mount it. This may or may not be provided with the drive or with your tower.

How to put a laptop hardrive into a desktop to get my files?




rjl7294


My laptop is broke and I need the files on it. How do I get them back and if I use an adaptor to my desktop will i need to take the desktop hard drive out. Can i just take out the hardrive of the desktop and put the laptop one in?

Sorry I am not good with technology



Answer
You can't remove the hard drive from your desktop & replace it w/the one from your laptop & expect your desktop system to boot. You may be able to connect it internally as a 2nd hard drive if the connectors are compatible, then once you've copied the files you want off of it, just disconnect/remove it.

A more elegant solution would be to purchase an external drive carrier (see link below), something like this one: Thermaltake BlacX ST0005U Hard Drive Dock - 2.5"/3.5" SATA to USB 2.0, eSATA. You can plug your laptop's HDD into it, connect it to your desktop via eSATA or USB ports, & move your data.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar