best external hard drive mac time machine image
meeso12002
If you have a Mac and use time machine, what external hard drive do you use and how do you like it? Was it already formatted when you bought it? Have you ever had to retrieve anything you lost?
Answer
I have a Seagate Goflex Home external hard drive. I'm sure there are other good ones, but this one is compatible with both Mac and PC, which is what we need. It also plugs into my Airport router and is completely wireless, which is also what we needed with laptops. I can also access the drive through the web from any computer. So far i really like using it and haven't had any problems. But there are other options, too, if you have a different situation to work with. For instance, if you don't need it to be wireless, they also have a Goflex Desk drive that you plug directly into the computer, so it's intended for desktop computers instead of laptops. If I remember correctly, it asked me how I wanted the drive formatted, when I first set it up, based on what kind of computers will connect to it. I haven't had to restore from Time Machine, but as long as the drive stores the data, Time Machine itself does the work, not the drive.
I have a Seagate Goflex Home external hard drive. I'm sure there are other good ones, but this one is compatible with both Mac and PC, which is what we need. It also plugs into my Airport router and is completely wireless, which is also what we needed with laptops. I can also access the drive through the web from any computer. So far i really like using it and haven't had any problems. But there are other options, too, if you have a different situation to work with. For instance, if you don't need it to be wireless, they also have a Goflex Desk drive that you plug directly into the computer, so it's intended for desktop computers instead of laptops. If I remember correctly, it asked me how I wanted the drive formatted, when I first set it up, based on what kind of computers will connect to it. I haven't had to restore from Time Machine, but as long as the drive stores the data, Time Machine itself does the work, not the drive.
How to stop time machine using an external hard drive for backups?
DZ
I used my 320 gb external hard drive to do backups for my mac via time machine. However, now it doesn't work on windows computer, and i honestly prefer backing up manually. Is there any way i can disconnect my hard drive from time machine, so that i can back things up manually instead of using the time machine application, and so (i presume) will allow it to work on non-mac computers as well?
Answer
Whats time machine, is this a program for the mac?
Can you not just un install the software?
Whats time machine, is this a program for the mac?
Can you not just un install the software?
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar