I bought an external hard drive that doesn't have an on/off switch. What's the solution?

external hard drive dock on ... USB Netbook Docking Station, External Hard-Drive DVD-rw caddy | eBay
external hard drive dock image



johnedward


I bought an external hard drive that doesn't have an on/off switch. I have to safely remove it and unplug it whenever Its not in use. Is there anything I can buy so I can turn it on and off but still have it plugged into my computer?


Answer
What she said is not true. I have a HDD dock with separate power and it's switched and it connects to the computer with a USB cable. If you have a power adapter for the HDD enclosure then you could cut the wire and put a switch in it.

I use one of these and I switch HDD's in it and don't have to "safely remove" anything.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182221


Good luck

Is this OK to do with an external hard drive?




I need ans


My 1TB WD external hard drive went "bad". I found out it was a bad connection.

So I took the SATA drive out of the external drive unit and docked it onto a docking station.

It works perfectly now. Is this OK to do? Or will it overheat the drive?

The case and the external unit did not seem to have a fan or anything.



Answer
Yes thats fine, it works the same way as the external but not through USB, it wont cause any problems :)

Hope this helps
CJ




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar