Do I have to get a external hard drive specifically made for laptops?

best external hard drive with firewire on External Hard Drive for Your Mac and PC :: My First Mac - Help ...
best external hard drive with firewire image



Pretty


there are so many external hard drives on the market, I have a laptop, do I need one that says for use with laptops or can i buy one that says made for PC's on it? Are external hard drives with Firewire interfaces hard to find?


Answer
Your best bet is a USB external hard drive (Firewire is going the way of the dinosaur). But to answer your question, external drives are the same. If it's made for PC, you can use it on a desktop PC or a laptop PC.

The above answer assumes you are using a Windows based laptop, and not an Apple MacIntosh laptop.

How can I convert an external USB2 hard drive to Firewire?




fmcgee10


I have a USB2 hard drive that I need to use on a computer that only has firewire available. I can't install a USB2 card on the computer because its not mine, but my band needs a firewire compatable medium to record to when we go to a professional studio. Will I be able to convert my USB2 external hard drive to Firewire?


Answer
The best solution is to buy an external drive that has BOTH connections. These ARE available.

OR, as stated switch the drive case as needed.

LAST choice is to use an adaptor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar