Adam
I want to know a little more about this difference between a 16 GB Solid State Drive V.S. a 160 GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive. This is an option in a notebook I will be buying for college for taking notes in classes and internet usage. Any tips? The cost difference isn't too big. I want the one that can store the most, which I assume is the 160 GB, but is the advantages of a Solid State more important even if it is smaller? THANKS!
Answer
I think you're buying a NETBOOK. It's supposed to be used like a pocket sized notebook, not a library.
16GB is plenty of storage for lots of documents and pictures. The machine is not likely to be geared up for watching movies. It's a good document device, but only if you've got a real storage solution to offload files (home computer or external drive).
You can drop a 16GB SSD, but you should never knock a Hard disk around. A SSD is silent, and generally fast. (Ubuntu boots in half the time from an SSD).
I have a netbook with Ubuntu installed, the operating system takes up 4GB with everything I want installed. I have my office suite, image editing (GIMP is easier to pick up, I can do more with GIMP after 6 months than I could after 2 years with Photoshop) - edit audio with Audacity (cropping dead parts from lectures or presentations, drag and drop editing - very good). It's very easy to produce PDF files and transfer them or send them to printers via bluetooth too.
Generally I keep documents I'm working on in a folder which I can copy to flashdrive (16GB also) to transfer or work on my desktop at home. I generally back up all my documents every time I get home (what would I do if I had it stolen? buy a new one and restore it :P easy).
You should realise, a Netbook is not a computer. Think more like a glorified phone that doesn't make calls. If you need a desktop, then it won't do. If you need it portable, then you need a desktop replacement - something with at least 13" screen (but this means you won't get close to 3 or 4 hours battery life. My netbook can take notes and let me edit documents and record sound in meetings for maybe 5 or 6 hours before I need to pull out the charger - I don't bother carrying a charger now, it's just like carrying a 10" folder under my arm).
Think of a Netbook as an oversized mobile device and you won't go wrong. If you don't have a home computer, then think carefully. Actually, a decent desktop and a netbook together won't cost much more than a good laptop...
I think you're buying a NETBOOK. It's supposed to be used like a pocket sized notebook, not a library.
16GB is plenty of storage for lots of documents and pictures. The machine is not likely to be geared up for watching movies. It's a good document device, but only if you've got a real storage solution to offload files (home computer or external drive).
You can drop a 16GB SSD, but you should never knock a Hard disk around. A SSD is silent, and generally fast. (Ubuntu boots in half the time from an SSD).
I have a netbook with Ubuntu installed, the operating system takes up 4GB with everything I want installed. I have my office suite, image editing (GIMP is easier to pick up, I can do more with GIMP after 6 months than I could after 2 years with Photoshop) - edit audio with Audacity (cropping dead parts from lectures or presentations, drag and drop editing - very good). It's very easy to produce PDF files and transfer them or send them to printers via bluetooth too.
Generally I keep documents I'm working on in a folder which I can copy to flashdrive (16GB also) to transfer or work on my desktop at home. I generally back up all my documents every time I get home (what would I do if I had it stolen? buy a new one and restore it :P easy).
You should realise, a Netbook is not a computer. Think more like a glorified phone that doesn't make calls. If you need a desktop, then it won't do. If you need it portable, then you need a desktop replacement - something with at least 13" screen (but this means you won't get close to 3 or 4 hours battery life. My netbook can take notes and let me edit documents and record sound in meetings for maybe 5 or 6 hours before I need to pull out the charger - I don't bother carrying a charger now, it's just like carrying a 10" folder under my arm).
Think of a Netbook as an oversized mobile device and you won't go wrong. If you don't have a home computer, then think carefully. Actually, a decent desktop and a netbook together won't cost much more than a good laptop...
Need help buying a new [gaming] computer?
jman_yhoan
First off, lets get some things out of the way:
Yes, we all know that when it comes to gaming, desktops are insanely better than laptops, but hey! I'm a college student! i gotta stay mobile! so laptop it is! Also, I'm on a budget! I have a minimum wage job and are currently paying for tuition, etc., so unfortunately I cannot afford anything too expensive!
NOW WE GET DOWN TO BRASS TACKS
- Should I get a Hard Drive with only 750GB as opposed to 1TB in exchange for a higher RPM? In other words...
1TB 5400RPM vs. 750GB 7200RPM?
- Should I get a Hard Drive with an 32GB mSSD?
- Is there a noticable/huge difference between a 1366x768 and a 1920x1080 screen resolution if both computers have the same graphics cards?
Answer
Choose for the 750GB and the cache SSD will be good for often used application (such as your games) And the 1920x1080 is not such a huge difference but I prefer 1920x1080 :D
Choose for the 750GB and the cache SSD will be good for often used application (such as your games) And the 1920x1080 is not such a huge difference but I prefer 1920x1080 :D
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar