Stacey
I used to have an HP Livestrong with Windows xp on it (lol Livestrong my butt) but the motherboard fried, so I took the hd out and turned it into an external. I bought a brand new macbook with the newer os and thought I could keep the external as a back up to keep files I still want, but don't really want them hogging my hd on the new computer.
Well, I have literally thousands of photos on my macbook and want to free up some space. For some reason the photos will save to my flash drive (it's only 1 gb) but when I try to save them to the external it says it can't be done, because the file can't be modified.
Why is it doing this? Is it because of the OS on my macbook not being compatible with the hard drive or is it that I need to change something in my settings thx
Thx for the help. So do I need to buy a whole new OS with a new product key just to be able to reformat it?
Answer
Your external is probably formatted NTFS, which Mac can read, but not write.
The Flash drive is formatted FAT, which both Windows and Mac can use.
It might be easiest to just format the external to FAT, but remember the largest file possible on FAT is 4GB, so some video files won't fit.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2063795_format-hard-drive-mac-os.html
Your external is probably formatted NTFS, which Mac can read, but not write.
The Flash drive is formatted FAT, which both Windows and Mac can use.
It might be easiest to just format the external to FAT, but remember the largest file possible on FAT is 4GB, so some video files won't fit.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2063795_format-hard-drive-mac-os.html
What is a decent external hard drive for backup PLUS photo storage?
mickeydalo
Can I ad an internal backup drive and later put it in an enclosure and use it on other computers without loosing all the data on it? I have read that most of the ready made external drives have pretty lame software on them.
Answer
There's a USB Enclosure where you can install a hard drive or a CD/DVD devices. There's one which is wonderful, 5.25" USB 2.0 ENCLOSURE. Buy a Hard Drive and install it, The enclosure must have an installation manual for you to guide. This way you will have and external hard drive where you can save all your files according to the hard drive size installed. Best of all is that It's like you're using a flash.drive that you can take with you everywhere and connect your hard drive by an USB port to any computer, the manual has the details.
Good Luck.
There's a USB Enclosure where you can install a hard drive or a CD/DVD devices. There's one which is wonderful, 5.25" USB 2.0 ENCLOSURE. Buy a Hard Drive and install it, The enclosure must have an installation manual for you to guide. This way you will have and external hard drive where you can save all your files according to the hard drive size installed. Best of all is that It's like you're using a flash.drive that you can take with you everywhere and connect your hard drive by an USB port to any computer, the manual has the details.
Good Luck.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar