kjcollier8
I'm running low on storage on my laptop and thinking about purchasing a 2 terabyte external or internal hard drive. Problem is, I don't know anything about them. Can I purchase something like a "Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD20EARS" and place it in a regular Acer Aspire laptop?
Answer
Desktop drives will not fit in a laptop. You need to get a laptop drive but you have to know if it is PATA or SATA. Or you can use an external drive for extra space i.e. move pictures, MP3s, videos to external drive to free up space on the laptop drive.
Desktop drives will not fit in a laptop. You need to get a laptop drive but you have to know if it is PATA or SATA. Or you can use an external drive for extra space i.e. move pictures, MP3s, videos to external drive to free up space on the laptop drive.
how can i use my desktops hard drive like an external hard drive for my laptop?
Bradley
Answer
Most desktop hard drives have a SATA port so if you want to use it as an external hard drive for your laptop I suggest you get a SATA to USB connector so the laptop can connect to the hard drive, however make sure you check what port is on the desktop hard drive cause it might be different but in most cases its a SATA port.
Most desktop hard drives have a SATA port so if you want to use it as an external hard drive for your laptop I suggest you get a SATA to USB connector so the laptop can connect to the hard drive, however make sure you check what port is on the desktop hard drive cause it might be different but in most cases its a SATA port.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar