Hard Drive not compatible (MAC) ?

Q. I have two MacBook Pro's, and a Toshiba 1 TB external hard drive. The first macbook is a late 2010 model running Snow Leopard, and this laptop recognizes the hard drive, and i was able to back it up with time machine. However, my second macbook is an early 2012 model and it is running Lion. It cannot recognize the hard drive. Any ways to solve this problem, thanks in advance.


Answer
what do u mean by not recognizing?
you mean the icon is not showing up on desktop?
did you try running a search for a particular file in the external HDD
and also try pressing the alt or option button at start up.. u may find your external drive there.
@mohammed time machine will not work in FAT32. it has to be HFS

Can I connect my external usb hard drive to internal sata port ?

Q. I just got a new segate freeangent goflex 1TB usb 3.0 external hard drive. It has multiple forms of connectivity with PC and MAC machines but I was wondering if I remove the eSATA adapter

http://www.span.com/images/products/i/lightbox/ieush-cable-usb2.jpg

and then i connect the hard disk through internal sata ports in my desktop having one independent cable for power and one for the data transfer, will it work ?

sata ports on external hard drive after removing the adapter
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/seagate_goflex_review_05.jpg


Answer
Yes, it will work. The external hard drive is just a hard drive. You can plug it in internally. I'm a computer technician and I do that all the time.

Turn off your PC before you plug it in, and make sure that the new hard drive can't be jostled around. Moving a spinning hard drive is bad for it.
Then plug it in, turn the computer on, and Windows should find the drive and install it for you.

Easy-peazy!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar