hard drive enclosure?




Tracey n


recently purchased a H.D. enclosure with "PATA" connection . When i removed the H.D. from my old dell, to connect, it doesnt look like the connectors would fit, then noticed the label says "SATA" power. By the way, if it matters?..I am wanting to transfer data from a Dell HD to an HP desktop. I guess my obvious question is, I need a SATA connection enclosure?


Answer
You already answered your own question. You need an enclosure with a SATA connector.

External Hard Drive Enclosure?




Arvin


I currently own an Iomega Limited Edition 500GB External Hard Drive - 33654. I am sure my hard drive still works, but something with the enclosure is broken. Therefore, I can not access any of my data on the hard drive. Also, my warranty has expired and my friend told me about external hard drive enclosures.

Thus, I am looking for a 3.5" SATA external hard drive enclosure. I would prefer one without using a power source. However, if it is too expensive or does not exist, then any enclosure will be fine, preferably a thin enclosure and with a price max of $25.

I have been looking at sites and other stuff, but I want some recommendations from other people who have done this before. Thanks for the help.

Specifications of the external hard drive - http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Iomega-Limited-Edition-500GB-External-Hard-Drive-33654/2634085/product.html



Answer
I did the same before. My external drive didn't power up. I then open the drive and up the HD inside my desktop. It worked without any issue. It was the enclosure having problem

I bought one from newegg. I believe the brand is rosewill (gave the drive to my sister after i got a bigger external drive). I paid like $18 for it




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar