Do IDE to USB adapters work for all desktop computer hard drives?




bruce


My computer broke down, and I would like to get the memory from the hard drive. Do I need to get a particular model of an IDE to USB adapter? Or will any model work?


Answer
Any should work. Assuming you are getting a new computer, an alternative solution would be to mount the old drive in it as a back up/second drive via an ide contoler expansion card. It would be much faster than going the USB route.

USB 3.0 adapter or other Connection for a Desktop Hard drive?




David M


I'm thinking of buying a LaCie 3TB USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive but I don't have a USB 3.0 port on my Macbook Pro. The Macbook Pro is from 2009.
Is there an adapter that goes from USB3.0 to FW800 or normal USB? Are there other ways to connect the HD to my laptop?
Thanks



Answer
First of all USB is completely downwards compatible. This means that you won't have any problems using a USB 3.0 device with a PC that just has USB 2.0. Only the transfer rate will be slower when you transfer data because your Mac doesn't support USB 3.0 speeds.

I would just buy it and use it with the slower speed. Firewire will probably die in the next years. This means that you shouldn't buy a HDD that only supports FW. Even if it would give you a faster transfer rate right now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar