Desktop And External(Portable) Hard drive Question Please!?

Q. Can a Desktop hard drive connect to a USB socket ?
Like a parable??
PLEASE!!!
Ta, THNKS xoxo :) :) :) :)


Answer
it is named external . what other ports can the HARD be connected to?
if i'm getting it right , u want to connect an external hard drive to a desktop computer through a usb port , and i think it almost is the only way to connect them .

if the external hard drive is a pocket size one , it can feed from your desktops power using the USB pot .
but if it's bigger (not in capacity , in size) u must use it's adapter for the power supply , and USB cable for DATA .

Laptop not recognizing external hard drive adapter?

Q. I have several hard drives that I pulled from older desktops. I bought branded R-Driver III USB 2.0 TO SATA CABLE. The instructions say to leave the device set to 'master'. When I plugged in the USB to my laptop (HP G71 running Windows 7 HP) it recognized the device and I got a notification that the USB device was ready to use. It dissappeared and the device is nowhere to be found on the laptop. So, I went to click 'safely remove' and it wasnt there either. I tried unplugging it and plugging it in again and nothing happened. I attached another hard drive to the adapter and still nothing happened. I also tried setting the device to slave. Again, nothing. I've already gone into manage computer and disk management. Any advise on how to pull up the "external" hard drive on my laptop would be greatly appreciated!!!
yes, the power was attached as well. i heard the hard working even before i put the USB into the laptop


Answer
Did you power your external hard drive? It needs extra power from power connector. Usb adapter is not enough to power desktop drives.

Otherwise adapter might be bad.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar