Q. I have a HTS542512K9SA00 Travelstar Hard Drive with a Sata 15+7 male connection. I want to purchase an adapter in order to connect it to my desktop via USB 2.0. My concern is whether my desktop's operating system will be compatible. My desktop uses Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, Intel i5-2320. The adapters that I have seen have only offered support for operating systems up to Vista. I want to avoid having to hassle with finding drivers if possible. I found this one (USB 2.0 to SATA Adapter Cable For 2.5" HDD Laptop Hard Disk Drive) on eBay, but it's listed as supporting only up to Vista. I do like the price, but will it work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-SATA-7-15-Pin-22-Pin-Adapter-Cable-2-5-HDD-Hard-Disk-Driv-/280951119903#vi-content
Cheap and Win 7 compatible. Yeah.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-SATA-7-15-Pin-22-Pin-Adapter-Cable-2-5-HDD-Hard-Disk-Driv-/280951119903#vi-content
Cheap and Win 7 compatible. Yeah.
Answer
Get an external drive case.
Get an external drive case.
External Hard Drive for Laptop?
DG
I have an HP Laptop, and I was planning on buying an External Hard Drive for it, to store all the movies that I currently have on my laptop HD. Would I need an external closure for the external hard drive or just the external hard drive and the USB plug itself? (without the closure)
Answer
An external hard drive is like an internal hard drive with an enclosure, so you wouldn't need an external closure for the external drive - it should already be ready to plug in. Also, the external drive should come with a usb.
You can do either one.
1) external hard drive
2) internal hard drive in an enclosure to usb.
3) internal hard drive adapter to usb without enclosure.
Thats about it. I have an enclosure, and for my desktop i have an adapter from 2.5 hard drive to sata. You can find all these things at a store such as Frys Electronics.
An external hard drive is like an internal hard drive with an enclosure, so you wouldn't need an external closure for the external drive - it should already be ready to plug in. Also, the external drive should come with a usb.
You can do either one.
1) external hard drive
2) internal hard drive in an enclosure to usb.
3) internal hard drive adapter to usb without enclosure.
Thats about it. I have an enclosure, and for my desktop i have an adapter from 2.5 hard drive to sata. You can find all these things at a store such as Frys Electronics.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar