S-Jones
Are they durable?
AND- Is an external or a USB better to backup important files permanently?
Answer
NOPE, they are not reliable.
I have never had an external that lasted more then 5 years tops... between one of my friends and myself we have respectively gone through a half dozen externals.
They heat up too much in their 'case' and also they are much more likely to be dropped- spilled upon- bumped into- turned off accidentally- they just decide not to work one day- prone to break in a power outage- etc etc etc.
I have not had good luck with them,
As far as long term storage, DVD is your best bet, with multiple copies... the shelf life is about 70 years as I remember reading, they are cheap, and they can be stored and placed out of mind for years and years, perfect for really important documents.
Good Luck
NOPE, they are not reliable.
I have never had an external that lasted more then 5 years tops... between one of my friends and myself we have respectively gone through a half dozen externals.
They heat up too much in their 'case' and also they are much more likely to be dropped- spilled upon- bumped into- turned off accidentally- they just decide not to work one day- prone to break in a power outage- etc etc etc.
I have not had good luck with them,
As far as long term storage, DVD is your best bet, with multiple copies... the shelf life is about 70 years as I remember reading, they are cheap, and they can be stored and placed out of mind for years and years, perfect for really important documents.
Good Luck
What is a reliable 1tb External Hard Drive?
Hector
I recently have been having issues with my WD external hard drive and have been informed the I/O error I have been getting cannot be fixed and I must replace my hard drive.. I would like to know what has been proven to be a reliable Hard drive. I want something that will last me a bunch of years compared to the WD passport I have which has only lasted me about a year... Which sucks. Anyone have any suggestions? I need something that has been proven to last long and be reliable.
Answer
Any external hard drive can fail early. I have had both WD and seagate drives that have lasted for many years and some that did not. You take a chance with any, but these are the two best companies.
Any external hard drive can fail early. I have had both WD and seagate drives that have lasted for many years and some that did not. You take a chance with any, but these are the two best companies.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar