jack shado
this has been happening alot.
now keep in mind i know NOTHING about the whole technical side of computers so dumb it down for me as much as you can.
i have an external hard drive. and every time i plug it into my computer i have to reload finder and or plug it in and out for hours until it decides to recognize it.
it plugs into the port next to the power port.
i know thats not alot of info but thats the best i got.
i own a 2007 mac book and its running in leopard.
is there any way to fix this?
edit: my windows computer recognizes it immediately
Answer
Your external hard-drive plugs into a USB-Port (fyi).
There could be multiple reasons that Leopard won't recognize your drive, and I'd put some money down that it isn't Leopard's fault. You could try a different USB-Port. Otherwise I'd recommend trying it on another computer (windows and/or Mac) to see if they recognize it so you can decide if the drive is defective, or something with your macbook is defective.
I've seen a couple of external hard-drives that won't get recognizes by any OS and as you said, must be plugged in and out to get it to work. This is because of faulty wiring in the hard-drive enclosure, either the USB wiring, or if it plugs into an outlet, the power wiring. Try it with another computer (try windows), and if it doesn't work.. I'd say it's a faulty drive.
P.S. You DON'T have to buy a Mac-specific drive.
If it is a faulty drive, get it replaced, or take it to an IT specialist that can try to solder the connections better within the enclosure.
If it's a software problem (Operating System issue), get it on a computer that works, back-up your data, and reformat the drive.
Also. You could try to find another USB device and plug it into the same USB-port to see if that USB port is defective on your macbook. I want to say this will be a hardware issue as Leopard generally doesn't "choose" when it wants to recognize a drive.
Your external hard-drive plugs into a USB-Port (fyi).
There could be multiple reasons that Leopard won't recognize your drive, and I'd put some money down that it isn't Leopard's fault. You could try a different USB-Port. Otherwise I'd recommend trying it on another computer (windows and/or Mac) to see if they recognize it so you can decide if the drive is defective, or something with your macbook is defective.
I've seen a couple of external hard-drives that won't get recognizes by any OS and as you said, must be plugged in and out to get it to work. This is because of faulty wiring in the hard-drive enclosure, either the USB wiring, or if it plugs into an outlet, the power wiring. Try it with another computer (try windows), and if it doesn't work.. I'd say it's a faulty drive.
P.S. You DON'T have to buy a Mac-specific drive.
If it is a faulty drive, get it replaced, or take it to an IT specialist that can try to solder the connections better within the enclosure.
If it's a software problem (Operating System issue), get it on a computer that works, back-up your data, and reformat the drive.
Also. You could try to find another USB device and plug it into the same USB-port to see if that USB port is defective on your macbook. I want to say this will be a hardware issue as Leopard generally doesn't "choose" when it wants to recognize a drive.
I'm looking into getting an external hard drive for my Macbook.?
Q. How do I make sure I am able to move all of my iTunes songs (along with pics from iPhoto, etc) to the external so my iPod classic will still sync up with it? Do I need to move everything that needs to sync with the iPod to the external? How do I get the iPod to sync with the external via my Macbook?
Answer
I got a new mac, and all I did was create folders on an external hard drive called Music, Pictures, Documents, Movies, and Videos, then I moved all of these files from my pc intop them. Then I plugged it into the mac and moved music into itunes, pics into iphoto , and so on. It worked quickly and easily.
To get your ipod to sync with the external, you need to make sure you itunes music folder location is set to the external drive, so that you have access to all your music when the external is plugged in.
I got a new mac, and all I did was create folders on an external hard drive called Music, Pictures, Documents, Movies, and Videos, then I moved all of these files from my pc intop them. Then I plugged it into the mac and moved music into itunes, pics into iphoto , and so on. It worked quickly and easily.
To get your ipod to sync with the external, you need to make sure you itunes music folder location is set to the external drive, so that you have access to all your music when the external is plugged in.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar