How do I connect my desktop hard drive to my laptop?




Samantha


I need to get some old music, pictures and Word files off of my desk top computer. My parents got rid of EVERYTHING but the hard drive. I just want to get the files off.
I also own an external hard drive (MyBook). That's where I want all of the files to ultimately end up.
Please and thank you!



Answer
Use something called a hard drive adapter. See http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276554&CatId=3770 for a good one.

Connecting Laptop Hard Drive to Gateway DX4870 desktop.?




Dustin


Im trying to connect my old laptop hard drive to my new Gateway DX 4870 desktop to recover some of my old stuff can anyone help me i cant find anywhere to connect it.


Answer
Is you old laptop hard drive SATA or ATA connected?
If it is a SATA drive, then it should hook up just like your desktop HDD. If it is ATA, then you'll need an ATA to SATA converter/adapter.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar