Tom
Hey,
I need a external hard drive in order to free up some space on my laptop. I don't have any clue about them, are they all similar but just have different sizes and could you give me all the information i need to know about buying one.
Thanks
Answer
External hard drives are very popular and fortunately selling for good prices now. You can get a 1 TB drive for $100 or less right now at places like: tigerdirect.com or newegg.com.
They are making them much smaller now using 21/2" laptop hard drives instead of larger desktop types. The advantage of the smaller drive is portability - however I have seen many a small hard made useless by the small USB plugin in it getting pushed in.
Sizes for external hard drives range in size from 160 GB - 2TB. You would probably want a 1 TB drive.I personally favor Western Digital.
There are 3.0 USB high speed drives available but will not be faster for you unless your computer supports USB 3.0.
External hard drives are very popular and fortunately selling for good prices now. You can get a 1 TB drive for $100 or less right now at places like: tigerdirect.com or newegg.com.
They are making them much smaller now using 21/2" laptop hard drives instead of larger desktop types. The advantage of the smaller drive is portability - however I have seen many a small hard made useless by the small USB plugin in it getting pushed in.
Sizes for external hard drives range in size from 160 GB - 2TB. You would probably want a 1 TB drive.I personally favor Western Digital.
There are 3.0 USB high speed drives available but will not be faster for you unless your computer supports USB 3.0.
how to connect external hard drive to desktop?
Joel
i have 500GB external hard drive and i want to connect it to my HP pavilion a1323w desktop through SATA, to transfer data out of that external hard drive. I connect it, but it doesn't show up in My Computer, i see it in Disk Management, but not sure how to see the data or take it out. Any help?
the external hard drive is out of the enclosure, so basically it's a regular hard drive. I've connected it through a Sata Cable
Answer
If it is a external hard disk, it will have a USB port to connect to PC.
If it is a external hard disk, it will have a USB port to connect to PC.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar