External hard drive questions...?




DinoLuv


I know that you are not "supposed" to keep all of your files on an external hard dive without it being backed up somewhere else, but does anyone go ahead and do it anyway?

I'm planning on keeping mine in one place and never moving it while I'm living in this house. I'm also only storing pictures and videos on it...nothing work-related.

If it fails is there always a way to pay someone (I know it could be ridiculously expensive) to get my files back or is there a chance that I could really just lose everything one day even if I use it very gently and am very careful with it?

I really really want to buy this Western Digital My Book 1 TB hard drive. It has a lot of good reviews online and I've had 5 friends recommend it to me as well. I'm running out of space on my laptop and I wanted to put everything on the external drive. I'm nervous about spending the money on it and just need some feedback to make me feel better about my investment.



Answer
Hard drives are made for storage, internal or external. No point in storing frivelous files on 2 different hard drives. keep them on the external, no problems there. and yes there are plenty of professional hard drive recovery softwares and repairs shops that will do data recovery. And depending on how it goes, they could charge you a lot, or charge very little.

external hard drive?




R.I.P. Spa


how much should a 60GB used external hard drive be?


Answer
Depending on age ---- if it is over 4 or 5 years --- I would not even consider it. H.D.'s have a part of your life on them with all the info. stored . A older H.D. can fail and may not even be worth messing with for any small amount of money. You can loose a lot of your "life"on a old H.D. that dies after you spend a lot of time "creating" it.
It really is a smarter move to buy a brand new one --- since you will have to install your operating system and all the other , many programs . I don't even think I would take it , even if it was given to me .
Go on the net to "Newegg" --- you can look around here for new H.D.'s and prices are really not bad at all.
Of course you could use it as a "slave" H.D. off your "master" and fill it up with stuff ----- then keep it in storage on your shelf for later use as a "slave". ------$15 to $20 bucks top --then in that case --- depending on age once again.
Spock




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar