Sonotsuke
Ok here is my story. I have to format my hard drive, but i dont want to lose my videos and my music. So I'm asking do i lose any quality on any of my music or videos, if I'm moving them to my external drive and back to my hard drive after formating my hard drive?
Answer
you probably don't need to format your hard drive , you can do most things you need to do with (free) software but there is no loss of quality with digital files, but be aware that if the external drive is fat32 the maximum file size is 2Gb if you transfer a larger file it may show as complete but only 2gb will have been copied, you will lose the rest if you format the original drive
you probably don't need to format your hard drive , you can do most things you need to do with (free) software but there is no loss of quality with digital files, but be aware that if the external drive is fat32 the maximum file size is 2Gb if you transfer a larger file it may show as complete but only 2gb will have been copied, you will lose the rest if you format the original drive
Can anyone recommend a really good quality and affordable portable external hard drive out there?
Pozi
I'm not really techie but I'm planning to buy a portable external hard drive out of my first pay check. I'm wondering if anyone could recommend me the best quality hard drive out there that stores about 1 Terabyte.
I've read some great reviews online but there are always a few users who would contradict it's recommendation. I'd like to be more convinced.
All I ask if for an HD that has really good quality, one that is durable for a long time, stores up to 1TB, very handy and portable, not too expensive.
If you have any recommendation, it would be very nice of you if you can say why you think so.
Thank you for those who would help. :)
Answer
The GoFlex drives are nice but expensive for some, I would have to suggest http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Passport-Essential-Portable/dp/B0041OSQ9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316162270&sr=8-1 its a usb 3.0/2.0 nice small portable external drive for about $80 little more after tax. You can also get a hard case or soft if you want to get one for around $10.
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Passport-Carrying-Black/dp/B002R9CQYK/ref=pd_sim_e1
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Carrying-Passport-WDBABJ0000NBK-NRSN/dp/B002CA19W4/ref=pd_sim_e2
The GoFlex drives are nice but expensive for some, I would have to suggest http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Passport-Essential-Portable/dp/B0041OSQ9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316162270&sr=8-1 its a usb 3.0/2.0 nice small portable external drive for about $80 little more after tax. You can also get a hard case or soft if you want to get one for around $10.
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Passport-Carrying-Black/dp/B002R9CQYK/ref=pd_sim_e1
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Carrying-Passport-WDBABJ0000NBK-NRSN/dp/B002CA19W4/ref=pd_sim_e2
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar