When ever I plug my external hard drive in it reads, but around 20 minutes later it just goes away?




Lobo


I have a rocket fish external hard drive kit. I have attached my hard drive to it and when i run it to the USB port on my laptop it works just fine. After about 20 minutes though it just disconnects and I have to plug it back in again. I'm a little concerned about this issue. I don't want there to be something wrong with my hard drive and I lose all of my information.


Answer
Product Details
Supports up to 750GB Hard Drive
One - Touch button *back up/ restore / synchronize- easy data transfer
Supports 3.5 in (8.89 cm) EIDE/ATA hard drives (compatible with most hard drives)
Plug and play for easy installation
USB speeds up to 480 Mbps
=========
What you may want to try--??
Having the HDD in the External Enclosure--
Plug in the USB 2.0 Cable..in the REAR-Port of the Desktop..
..and useing Windows XP..or higher..
Use the Computer Management..Disk Management..program..
Select the Drive in Question..
And Delete the partition..notice that the whole HDD was Deleted..
And re-format the HDD as a Logical Drive..useing NTFS File System..
..useing Default(allocation)..
I would think this would work better than just "swapping" the Drive into a device..
===
Try and SAVE any Files/Folders that are on the HDD..
But Delete the Partition..create a single partition..
..Logial Drive..Default-allocation..NTFS File System/
===
Its also best to have a 7200-RPM HDD..
===
Media Files such as DV...DV-avi...MPG2/really require the 7200-RPM Drives..
===
Always use Safe Hardware Removal.

How to put files to "quarantine" on a computer?




Blaah


There is a virus on my laptop and I can't install a virus removal system there, so I would want to do it on my desktop computer, which has an anti-virus program. The problem is that the virus may spread into the desktop computer as I connect the external hard-drive. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm planning to just get rid of everything on my laptop and install linux on it, but first I need to get important files on it (pictures) to the other computer


Answer
Most of the viruses you are going to encounter don't "magically" jump to different drives. If you have AV software on your desktop, it will detect the virus when it does a full check.

That being said, I would recommend plugging in your external and immediately do a full AV check on your external drive to minimize risk of it spreading.

On an even brighter side, most viruses don't attach to image files or MP3's (not saying they can't, just saying they don't TYPICALLY)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar