How to swap info from one mac to another?

best external hard drive macbook pro 2011 on ... 500 GB External Hard Drive for MacBook Pro Review [CLOSED Giveaway
best external hard drive macbook pro 2011 image



Frop


I have a 2011 macbook pro 13'' and my mom has a 2011 macbook pro 15". We both have an external hard drive with time machined backed up on each computer. They both are running snow leopard 10.6.8. How do we go about swapping computers. Does time machine transfer all applications like Ableton, Logic Pro, Warcraft? Thanks alot!


Answer
Yes Time machine creates a whole copy of your computer.

If you install your leopard or snow leopard disk and boot from it you can find the option to restore the chosen mac from a time machine backup and this will basically install your Mac back up on to the chosen macbook so its everything from your old mac on another mac

Is there a way to install Mac Os X onto a blank hard drive from within Windows7?




jasin


I upgraded the hard drive on my macbook pro but the new hard drive is blank. The CD drive on my macbook is broken, i'll have to get a new one. Is there a way I can pull the hard drive and install Mac Os X on it from my desktop? I got an external drive case, USB, I can stick it in. This is a late 2011 macbook pro.


Answer
No.

you might be able to create a disk image on the windows machine though, and use something like unibeast to create a bootable USB drive. In any case, you can buy the installer through AppStore and install that way. You can use Unibeast to put the installer onto a USB drive and install with that to a blank hard drive too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar