Is it possible to transfer a desktop hard drive to a laptop?

connect desktop hard drive to a laptop on Hardware [ edit source | edit ]
connect desktop hard drive to a laptop image



devan


Hey! I have a macbook that has a bad hard drive and i have several desktop hard drives and was wondering if i could take a desktop hard drive and connect it to my laptop


Answer
In the simplest form, no unfortunately. You could try putting one of those internal drives into an external hdd case. But I'm not sure how the Mac OS would be installed using the firewire / usb method.

Connecting a PC Hard Drive to a Laptop?




Ernest


Can I connect a desktop PC hard drive to a laptop. The hard drive on my laptop is dying. I have an old desktop computer that I, if possible, would like to take the hard drive out of and connect to the laptop computer. Is this possible? I have read about additional cables needed for this, but is it possible I may not need to buy any additional cables?


Answer
You can't put the desktop pc hard drive in the laptop. A laptop hard drive standard size is 2.5 inches. A desktop is 3.5 inches. It won't fit... desktop hard drives are a lot bigger. What you can do however, is buy an external hard drive case and put your hard drive in it and use the hard drive as an external one on your laptop. But, unless you use Linux or Mac, you won't be able to have your O/S on it. Windows doesn't support booting from an external hard drive. It would just be a storage hard drive for files.
If you need a new laptop hard drive I recommend http://www.geeks.com they have a lot of good deals on refurbished hard drives. You could pick up a 120GB seagate or western digital one for about $30. Or a Samsung one for about $50. I'd personally recommend Samsung or Seagate(I recommend Samsung over Seagate though, but they're both good)
Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar