External hard drive not recognized on MacBook pro.?

desktop external hard drive toshiba 1tb on toshiba portable usb drives, toshiba portable usb drives Manufacturers ...
desktop external hard drive toshiba 1tb image



Conal


Toshiba 1TB USB 3.0 external hard drive. When it is plugged into my MacBook the light on the hard drive turns on yet no matter how long I wait the Mac does not read the hard drive. The hard drive reads on a windows 7 PC and I have formatted my hard drive to NTFS and FAT32 and the hard drive still won't read on the MacBook. I am at a loss and I need a lot of help.


Answer
Are you sure that your settings in the Finder don't just have external disks hidden? Click out on your desktop, then go to the Finder menu, preferences, make sure the box next to 'external disks' is checked.
Macs read FAT32 and NTFS.

External hard drive question?




Christina


Hey all. I am a dumb girl. I want to buy this guy an external hard drive for his laptop 1tb. I do not know what kind of computer he has it is a pc. Does that matter? Does the brand of external
Hard drive have to coincide with the laptop? What's the deal

Like the toshiba is like 70 but the other one is like 150 so why such a big difference in price? For same amount of memory also both portable



Answer
No it doesn't matter if he has a Laptop or Desktop PC.
No the brand doesn't really matter (just don't buy dodgy Chinese shit).
Some hard drives may be more costly simply because the company can set a higher price for their product.

Overall It doesn't really matter what you get him... whatever price suits you best.

And to what Ray (above) said, yes Solid state drives are typically faster and more compact, but they cost a lot more and are easier to ruin.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar