What powersupply does the seagate freeagent desktop external hard drive take?

desktop external hard drive seagate on Seagate 1TB 64MB 7200RPM External Hard Drive | External Hard Drives
desktop external hard drive seagate image



mizpfit


Help!
I need to know what kind (a/c or d/c) and what voltage power supply I need for a Seagate Freeagent Desktop 320Gb. external USB hard drive. I have model ST303204FDA1E1-RK.



Answer
My 500G uses 12VDC @ 2A.
You could call 1-800-SEAGATE in the US or chat online from the web site.

How do you install a desktop hard drive designed for windows onto a mac?




Lord Crimb


I have a 500gb seagate external desktop hard drive, on the box it says for windows. When I plug it into my iMac the hard drive image is mounted but when I drag files on the hard drive the message 'The item cannot be moved because 'expansion hard drive' cannot be modified. I know there is a way to get it to work with macs but cannot remember how.


Answer
Go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility, and using that, format the hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I haven't done this in a couple years but I'm pretty sure what you have to do is under "Partition" and you just re-partition the hard drive in 1 partition. I have a Seagate 250GB hard drive and it works great now. But be warned, from then on your Seagate will only work with macs inless you re-format it. If you plug it into a windows computer it will not read.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar