best external hard drive with backup image
DZ
I used my 320 gb external hard drive to do backups for my mac via time machine. However, now it doesn't work on windows computer, and i honestly prefer backing up manually. Is there any way i can disconnect my hard drive from time machine, so that i can back things up manually instead of using the time machine application, and so (i presume) will allow it to work on non-mac computers as well?
Answer
Whats time machine, is this a program for the mac?
Can you not just un install the software?
Whats time machine, is this a program for the mac?
Can you not just un install the software?
How do I restore my computer from and external hard drive backup?
KTCM
I have a backup on an external hard-drive but Can't seem to get it to restore - can someone please tell me how to do this?
Answer
I am not positive here, as I use a remote backup service, but I would assume that you did the back-up through some sort of software, possible even the windows based software, but you would need you restore using that same software, as the data is likely encrypted. I wouldn't recommend such a costly option for backups with the price of remote backups dropping so much. For instance I go through http://www.backupspace.com and love it, does my backups in the background on a schedule that I set and e-mails me the results. You should consider freeing up that hard drive for data.
I am not positive here, as I use a remote backup service, but I would assume that you did the back-up through some sort of software, possible even the windows based software, but you would need you restore using that same software, as the data is likely encrypted. I wouldn't recommend such a costly option for backups with the price of remote backups dropping so much. For instance I go through http://www.backupspace.com and love it, does my backups in the background on a schedule that I set and e-mails me the results. You should consider freeing up that hard drive for data.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar