How do I know which external hard drive enclosure to get?

best external hard drive enclosure on ... River 5G 2.5IN SATA3 Aluminum HDD External Hard Drive Enclosure USB3.0
best external hard drive enclosure image



Jee


I have a toshiba hdd2164 from an old Compaq and I'm not sure how to choose my external hard drive enclosure.

Which do I get?
Also, it's 20 GB and the other code on there is MK2018GAP .



Answer
This drive is a 2.5" form factor, and will need an enclosure for that type of hard drive. So search for enclosures for 2.5inch drives. Then keep in mind what type of wire it uses, for your drive however it uses an IDE cable, so you will need something like this:

2.5inch enclosure IDE to (either SATA or USB possibly FIREWIRE - that is your choice I'm not sure of your needs but USB is universal if your not sure about the other two)


Happy hunting for a case.

Can I put an internal SATA hard drive into my old external hard drive enclosure?




KM


I have an old Fantom Drive external hard drive that died and I bought a Western Digital Internal SATA drive. What I'm wondering is if I can just put the internal drive into the external hard drive enclosure by just changing the hard drives. Everything hooks up correctly I'm just wondering if there are any risks to doing this. All answers are appreciated. Thanks!


Answer
yeah you should have no prob but you will lose all your stuff onless you back up your stuff




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar