Connecting an external hard drive to a tv?

external hard drive questions and answers on SJU Builds - A Chronology BUILDING STEERING COMMITTEE The year 2012 ...
external hard drive questions and answers image



Omar


I dont currently own either device, I wanted to know the answer to this question first. if I buy anmm external hard drive, and a tv with usb ports, could I watch movies and such?


Answer
Yes,
My friend does it all the time.
He has a brand new samsung 3d led flat screen.
He uses his mac to download tv shows and movies (usually torrents).
He puts them on his usb stick.
He plugs that stick into his tv and he selects it in the menu like he is selecting his dvd palyer or tv receiver.
TADAHH video from his computer watched in full hd on his living room tv.
Don't see why it would b any different if you used a larger hard drive.

Also the tv specs should tell you what type of files it reads before you buy. eg...AVI, MP3, MP4 or whatever. I'm sure it will be able to read photoes and music too.

www.techkers.com

Does an External/Portable Hard Drive run on a different OS than your computer?




aun3x


My computer runs on a Windows XP operating system. I want to update the computer, but my mom doesn't see it necessary. So this is where my question comes in.

If I got an external hard drive, would it run on it's own OS, because it's a hard drive, and not just a flash drive.

Any answers would help.



Answer
All formatted storage media, regardless of whether it is flash or hard drive, internal or external, run on a file system, not an operating system. In the case of windows, it is usually FAT32 or NTFS file system (you can look up what those mean if you're interested). So if you are just upgrading from XP to Win7, you should not have any problems. Now, if you were moving from Windows to Linux, for example, you may have problems. But Windows to Windows should have no problems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar