Can I download windows to an external hard drive to install on another computer?

external hard drives 64 bit on Video Game Tattoos
external hard drives 64 bit image



TorNATEo


I'm trying to repair my girlfriend's computer. She downloaded the 32 bit Windows on her 64 bit machine, and now none of the drivers are working on the computer, including the network card, so I can't get on the Internet. I don't have a physical CD copy of Windows, and I don't really want to buy one. She gets free OS downloads from her school's website though. But since I can't download the OS straight to the downed computer, is it possible for me to just download the OS from my computer onto an external hard drive, then transfer it to her computer?


Answer
You can download Windows on a USB flash drive and then install it on her computer. there are many resources available on how to make a USB bootable.
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows
http://bit.ly/1177seU

Problems with external hard drive on Windows 7 64 bit?




Matthew G


I just upgraded to windows 7 64 bit from windows xp 32 bit and my Maxtor One Touch plus 500 gb external hard drive is not being detected. Windows tried to install drivers but it failed. Any ideas on how to get my external to show up again?


Answer
Have you tried uninstalling the drive from Device Manager and selecting scan new hardware? Also, did u get the correct USB drivers for your motherboard (64-Bit version)?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar