Logan Webs
Hello, i have a compaq preasio laptop that does not have a HDD, and i've recently found a HDD for a laptop which i think goes to it. I'm not sure because i cannot hook it into the lap top.
The HDD i found is similar to the two pictured below. I think it is an IDE
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ide+laptop+hard+drive&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1024&bih=643&as_qdr=all&tbm=isch&tbnid=cQ9L4NRonCVzoM:&imgrefurl=http://www.laptops-we-r.com/New%2520Folder/40GB,%252060GB,%252080GB,%2520100GB,%2520120GB%2520LAPTOP%2520HARD%2520DRIVE,%2520ATA,%2520SAT,%2520IDE.htm&docid=XQwT36OJaiCGeM&imgurl=http://www.laptops-we-r.com/images/General%252520Web/IDE%252520ATA%252520LAPTOP%252520HARD%252520DRIVE.jpg&w=365&h=201&ei=ANejUPyPAoO-8ATQvIGwAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=689&vpy=306&dur=330&hovh=160&hovw=292&tx=150&ty=120&sig=113111828057066379140&page=1&tbnh=132&tbnw=239&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0,i:105
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=compaq+laptop+hard+drive&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&tbo=d&as_qdr=all&tbm=isch&tbnid=01dIuhAAI4OpbM:&imgrefurl=http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2011/12/08/most-common-laptop-hardware-problems/&docid=VNKm_lnlYAbKzM&imgurl=http://www.laptoprepair101.com/wp-images/external-laptop-harddrive-2.jpg&w=450&h=337&ei=bNSjUKTTDZTy8ASstYDwCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=148&vpy=317&dur=833&hovh=194&hovw=260&tx=36&ty=115&sig=113111828057066379140&page=2&tbnh=153&tbnw=192&start=16&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:0,i:129&biw=1024&bih=643
The reason i cannot hook it into the laptop is because the laptop has this strange black rectangle that has slots for pins but does not match up with the HDD. I've tried removing it but it doesn't seem to come off. There's a picture of the black rectangle below.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=compaq+laptop+hard+drive&start=149&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&tbo=d&as_qdr=all&tbm=isch&tbnid=QHT25VRmboyNeM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-COMPAQ-NX9005-ZT1155-ZT1172-IDE-LAPTOP-HARD-DRIVE-CONNECTOR-ADAPTER-/160761838648&docid=7HXxwO74PDzOcM&imgurl=http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-HP-COMPAQ-NX9005-ZT1155-ZT1172-IDE-LAPTOP-HARD-DRIVE-CONNECTOR-ADAPTER-/00/s/NDAwWDQwMA%253D%253D/%2524(KGrHqFHJC8E8%252B5Do20(BP(qD)E63!~~60_35.JPG&w=300&h=300&ei=bNSjUKTTDZTy8ASstYDwCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=332&vpy=109&dur=296&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=68&ty=116&sig=113111828057066379140&page=8&tbnh=147&tbnw=147&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:63,s:100,i:193&biw=1024&bih=643
The lap top has a broken fan and i don't care about it, but i want to access the HDD. Can someone please tell me where i can find an adaptor that will allow me to hook the above HDD into a desktop? I have a SATA and an IDE desktop and it doesn't matter which one i use. I'd prefer the one that is easiest to hook up and cheapest.
Could you show me precisely where i could buy such an item? A link to the proper fixture would be much appreciated. And if you could a simple explanation of how to hook it up.
Thanks!
Are you saying that my lap top is fitted for a SATA drive?
Are you saying that my lap top is fitted for a SATA drive?
Are you saying that my lap top is fitted for a SATA drive?
I don't know of any such adapter, which is why i am posting here.
Thanks Bill and the others. So i need a USB adapter i understand that, but where can i find one that will fit the HDD i pictured above(NOTICE THE YELLOW PINS) I need to know that the adapter i buy will fit those pins.
Answer
If you are only wanting to access your data from your old hard drive you can use this adapter to hook your old hard drive to another computer (externally via usb) and access your data.
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-USB-SATA-Converter-Cable/dp/B0018MCGVU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352915641&sr=8-3&keywords=ide+sata+to+usb
If you are only wanting to access your data from your old hard drive you can use this adapter to hook your old hard drive to another computer (externally via usb) and access your data.
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-USB-SATA-Converter-Cable/dp/B0018MCGVU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352915641&sr=8-3&keywords=ide+sata+to+usb
Hard drive prices shot up?
Andrew M
I am looking into building a new computer again and I have just noticed that prices on Hard drives shot up drastically.
The last drive that I purchased was $60 for 1TB now that same drive is $150
What was the reasoning behind this? when will they be coming back down in prices?
Any other information you need/want to provide?
Thanks for any help provided.
The site that I am looking at is Newegg.com where I go for most of my parts.
The drive I am looking at is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148697
When I made the computer that used that drive it was $60 and I saved the link in a document of parts that I got. When I clicked it now looking for it again it was the $150 price it is at currently.
Answer
Updated********
Thanks for the extra info, however I hadn't seen todays news until now....Have just seen an article on PC Advisor about HDD prices increasing due to flooding in Thailand [as i mentioned below they are a key country for HDD components] Article is here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/desktop-pc/3318019/hard-drive-shortages-will-result-in-more-expensive-pcs-says-gartner/?cmpid=HTML-DN141111&olo=daily%20news
I imagine this could be the culprit and have just seen another answer to this question quoting a different but similar article
***
Don't know what models or sites you are looking at [obviously would have helped to give this info] but currently [[in 2011] traditional hard drives with platters for both laptops and desktops are at the lowest price per GB that they have ever been!
I suppose there could be problems or shortages of certain drives/particular models that might drive up the prices or maybe a key manufacturer has production problems [Korea and Thailand make many HDD's and components]. These types of things are normally short lived, give it a few weeks or shop around a few different suppliers
Updated********
Thanks for the extra info, however I hadn't seen todays news until now....Have just seen an article on PC Advisor about HDD prices increasing due to flooding in Thailand [as i mentioned below they are a key country for HDD components] Article is here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/desktop-pc/3318019/hard-drive-shortages-will-result-in-more-expensive-pcs-says-gartner/?cmpid=HTML-DN141111&olo=daily%20news
I imagine this could be the culprit and have just seen another answer to this question quoting a different but similar article
***
Don't know what models or sites you are looking at [obviously would have helped to give this info] but currently [[in 2011] traditional hard drives with platters for both laptops and desktops are at the lowest price per GB that they have ever been!
I suppose there could be problems or shortages of certain drives/particular models that might drive up the prices or maybe a key manufacturer has production problems [Korea and Thailand make many HDD's and components]. These types of things are normally short lived, give it a few weeks or shop around a few different suppliers
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar