If I add an external "hard drive" to a desktop...?




tjmartin20


I have an internal "hard drive" of 3gb. I need to expand it to at least 80gb. If I do expand to an external... what about the current "Intel" processor that the desktop has? Am I going to have to change the internal processor?


Answer
As long as you have the right USB or Firewire interface to match your new external hard drive, then no, you won't have to change anything else about the computer.

And you don't have to put hard drive or Intel in quotes.

How long do External Hard Drives last for?




jonathan c


I was thinking about buying an external hard drive for my laptop then i heard that external hard drives will eventually die out. Is that true and if so, how long can they last?


Answer
External hard drives are really internal hard drives inserted into a specialized case with the FireWire or USB cable to connect it to a computer. Internal hard drives have the same chances of dieing out as externals do. Its not a question of if it will die, its a question of when. Externals can be jarred around a lot easier than a desktop computer, so their failure rate may increase. However they operate just the same as internal drives do. Take extra care of the external drive and it should last you a long time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar