which is cheaper? internal hard drive or external hard drive?

Q. which is cheaper? internal hard drive or external hard drive?


Answer
Internal drives are cheaper, but not by much really. Most external hard drives are simply a standard 3.5in or 2.5in(laptop) harddrive placed into an external case with a control interface built in. The difference would be the speed vs. the portability and price.
750 GB usb 2.0 external drive start at $67.99 and internal sata 750 gb start at 49.99.
Cheaper would be the internal.
The real question is what are your needs.
You can always just buy an internal sata drive and later buy an external drive dock if you need the portability.
Cool toy: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=MP002&cat=CSE
External drive dock as well as media player :)

External hard drive suggestions!!?




imaguy


I'd like to buy an external hard drive. I'm being lazy, so I'm asking all of you if you've found any good deals or know about the best kind to buy for the least amount of money. Any suggestions and/or advice about this is welcome.


Answer
External hard drives tend to be quite expensive. The cheap way of getting an external hard drive is making your own. What I did was bought an enclosure for about 12 bucks and internal hard drive 500 GB for 54 bucks brand new too. An enclosure is a case where you take an internal hard drive that would normally go inside your computer, and turn it into an external hard drive. It's cheaper this way. I got my products on Ebay. 500 GB external drive cost about 90 bucks while I made mines for less than 70 dollars and the same size. Once you put it together you can plug it in the USB port on your computer and its ready to use.

Here is an example of an enclosure from Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rocketfish-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-2-5-PATA-EIDE-RF-PHD25-/160458617932?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal#ht_500wt_671

They have enclosures that can support drives up to 2TB, which is very large.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar