How do I get my SimpleTech external hard drive to work with my Macbook Air?

Q. I have done the initial steps that almost every site has said; go into disk utility then select the hard drive and erase and rewrite it to work for the mac but the problem is that the my computer doesn't recognize it under the disk utility. Here is a screen shot of what is showing up: http://gyazo.com/83b8a710c8e673dc7357e4608eefebe2
I've tried to restart my computer twice now.
Also, there is a red light on the external hard drive when I plug it in so I know its not broken. This hard drive has been previously set up to be used for a PC and I do have a PC available to do anything I might need to do that can help. Please help asap!


Answer
The hard drive is probably not compatable with macs. You can how ever try and format it from a PC by right clicking the drive and clicking format. Format it to FAT32

Upgrading my MacBook Air Hard Drive?







I have no space left on my MacBook Air, I cannot download anything. I've thought about getting an external hard drive, but I've also thought about simply making my hard drive larger. How would I go about this and what would be the best bet? I'm not made of money of either! Thanks!


Answer
The MB Air is not designed to be upgraded.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar