please rate my 1st custom computer build?




Steve D


I have been looking through a ton of reviews and these are the parts I have decided to put together for my first computer build.
I am wondering if I have made any mistakes?

Case = COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Mother board = ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor = Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

Memory = Patriot Viper Xtreme 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PX7312G1600LLK

PSU = CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Operating system = Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Video card = EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Hard Drive = Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

SSD = Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive

Optical drive = LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner - LightScribe Support

Liquid Cooling = CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler
Thanks for the feedback.
I wanted ssd for the faster boot and load time. After reading a bunch on it I had pretty much convinced myself not to do get one. I changed my mind back to getting one at last minute. Just kind of a I am going this far I might as well get it kinda thing LOL I will back up everything though, thanks for the advice.

I also read that 6gb ram is more then enough for anything out. I went 12gb because I was able to get the 12gb for only $30 more then the 6gb, so I figured what the heck =)


I was able to do a lot of shopping around and looking for deals and am going to be able to get this put together for under $1,500. I was going to pay $1,000 for a computer put together by someone else, but decided to do it the way I want and get the experience of building it for not a ton more.
I am a little afraid of setting bios as that is totally greek to me. When I get cole to that I plan on scouring web forums for tips. Hopefully I have not gotten over my head.
I had a nightmare lastnight that I put this all together and when I hit power for the first time it blew up into a ball of smoke LOL



Answer
> !!! Wow, this computer ROCKS MAN! You are even gonna break for Ultimate! Excellent choice! This is absolutely a top rated computer -

BTW I would reconsider on the SSD...just be aware this is flash memory technology. Also, learn the TRIM command or the extra speed will not be realized. I have some real reservations with SSD because of its unpredictable service life and because it costs 3 - 4X as much as a mechnical drive. Make sure you buy backup software and do frequent system backups because that SSD can go at any time unpredictably. You will want to backup to an external mechanical drive USB type. I use Aronis True Image Plus, which allows you to make a full mirrored backup and restore to a different set of hardware if necessary.

http://www.acronis.com/promo/ATIH2011/ATI-ALL/index.html?source=us_googleATI_b&ad=ati&c=5990901257&k=true%20image&gclid=CIGE2-D0g6cCFQgHbAodLEDieg

Will this work as a computer?




Jon


I searched amazon.com for the best computer parts, and I finally think I have all the necessary computer parts. These are all the parts(besides the computer box to put them in):

Corsair XMS3 8 GB 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA II 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD10EARS

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel P67 DDR3 1800 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2500K Processor 3.3GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155

EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked 1024 MB EE (External Exhaust) GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 01G-P3-1373-TR

I tried to make sure I have all the necessary parts, am I missing anything? If so, please recommend them below. Also, if my computer parts don't fit together, please tell me this.



Answer
Okie dokie.

RAM is fine, although you could get away with less if you aren't running production or CADD software.

Hard drive is fine too.

Motherboard is good.

Yes that processor is very popular and highly acclaimed.

Instead of spending the extra money getting a superclocked 460, why not just get a 560 and overclock it yourself? You got the right motherboard for that.

You are missing a DVD drive and a power supply. The DVD drive just needs to be present, it doesn't need to be awesome or fancy. The power supply on the other hand is the... well... it supplies all the power. If you're going to stick with a single video card get 600 watts to leave headroom for upgrades and aging. If you think you might take advantage of the motherboard's SLI capabilities get at least 750 watts. Read reviews to make sure they won't zap your components to death or deliver less power than they're supposed to, and consider 80+ efficiency ratings and modular cables. The GTX 460 does awesome in SLI.

If you plan on overclocking that processor some, you should get 1600mhz RAM. If not, you should just get the 1500 (no K) and save $10. If you plan on overclocking it a lot, like well over 4ghz, you should get a good CPU cooler too. The hyper 212 is probably the favorite among air coolers and I can tell you from experience that it can handle a good overclock.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar