Is it safe to use such a large drive size?




Sam W


I am wanting to upgrade to a 2 tb external hd and i am concerned if the technology might be too new?(Might have serious problems or be unreliable) Can anyone give me their Advice, i would appreciate it.
Is this a good drive, its the one i am thinking about going with.

Western Digital WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAU0020HBK-NESN

if not then can you reccommend one that is not over 200 dollars, the one above is being sold by amazon for $149.00
Just a reminder, i have been out of the computer world for over 5 years now, i dont know what is new or not, Last i checked 500 gb was the latest thing
I want to clear something up, I AM NOT A PIRATOR, i have over 500 gbs of photos in raw format and over 250 hours home movies.



Answer
Yes it should be safe, but I question the need of such a huge drive for the average home user and wouldn't like to put all my eggs in one basket like that if I did think I needed that much storage.

That's some serious file hoarding and if it's important data, I'd rather split it up over several smaller drives myself. I don't want to assume anything or accuse you of piracy, but it's pretty much a fact that people wanting that much storage only need it for storing masses of illegal movies/music etc

If it's genuine important data, I'd definitely go the several smaller drives route

Slow western digital hard drive?

Q. Hi,
I bought a Western Digital WD Elements 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive a couple of months ago, and was working fine for around a month, but is now really slow... It is in a mac format and i've tried repairing / verifying it but it didn't help. It takes around a minute to open the actual hard drive and around 5 minutes to open folders in it... if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated :)
thanks,
Liam


Answer
Defrag it




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar