Ami D
any suggestions?
Answer
G-Drive case is much higher quality than those plastic cases, and will dissipate heat better. I have a G-Drive and it is faultless-- but the case is way too big (the circuit board is not under the drive. It sticks out ahead of it, thus requiring a long case.)
I love my MacAllay case (compact and still aluminum for good heat dissipation). If your Mac has Firewire, you will love the speed of a FW 800-equipped case. I use Seagate drives mostly, but one of the internal drives on my monster Mac desktop is WD. I will always buy Seagate from now on, because the WDs have no heat sensor. There is always a reason for cheaper.
When you buy any "External Drive" (case with HDD already mounted inside), you may be getting a 5400 RPM drive. If they fail to mention the rotational speed, be sure it is 5400. They would surely brag about a fast drive. WD is notorious for advertising their cheap 5400 RPM HDDs as "Green" and not mentioning the speed. They know people are very attracted to green nowadays, even if in this case, it is total B.S.
Don't you know how to use a #1 Phillips screwdriver to install a HDD in a case? :-)
G-Drive case is much higher quality than those plastic cases, and will dissipate heat better. I have a G-Drive and it is faultless-- but the case is way too big (the circuit board is not under the drive. It sticks out ahead of it, thus requiring a long case.)
I love my MacAllay case (compact and still aluminum for good heat dissipation). If your Mac has Firewire, you will love the speed of a FW 800-equipped case. I use Seagate drives mostly, but one of the internal drives on my monster Mac desktop is WD. I will always buy Seagate from now on, because the WDs have no heat sensor. There is always a reason for cheaper.
When you buy any "External Drive" (case with HDD already mounted inside), you may be getting a 5400 RPM drive. If they fail to mention the rotational speed, be sure it is 5400. They would surely brag about a fast drive. WD is notorious for advertising their cheap 5400 RPM HDDs as "Green" and not mentioning the speed. They know people are very attracted to green nowadays, even if in this case, it is total B.S.
Don't you know how to use a #1 Phillips screwdriver to install a HDD in a case? :-)
Lacie External Hard Drive?
Bettie
I have a Gateway Laptop and I have a Lacie 320G external harddrive for college to save my work on. Well, I plug it in and it comes on but I cant save anything to it? Like my computer isnt picking it up but when I put my hand to it i can feel it on. i really need to save my work to it.I have lots of homework that needs done by Friday. Will someone please help me out, 5 stars!
uhh my lap top has 4 usb ports it is plugged into one of em
Answer
If you go to My Computer and the drive does not show up, there may be a drive letter conflict. Assuming you're using Windows XP - while the drive is turned on and connected to the laptop go to:
Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer Management
Click on Disk Management
If you look in the bottom right table, it should list all the drives mounted to your system. If you see that more than one appear to have the same drive letter one is probably your external hard drive. Right-click one of them (NOT disk 0) and select "Change Drive Letter and Path...". Click the "Change" button, select a drive letter that i s not in use and ok/apply/etc etc
If you go to My Computer and the drive does not show up, there may be a drive letter conflict. Assuming you're using Windows XP - while the drive is turned on and connected to the laptop go to:
Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer Management
Click on Disk Management
If you look in the bottom right table, it should list all the drives mounted to your system. If you see that more than one appear to have the same drive letter one is probably your external hard drive. Right-click one of them (NOT disk 0) and select "Change Drive Letter and Path...". Click the "Change" button, select a drive letter that i s not in use and ok/apply/etc etc
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar