best external hard drives for djs image
Velua
I need something like that.
Answer
no unfortunitially not. the sound card in computers has only one chanel, and will only let you play one song at a time. if you have more then one audio player on your computer, and play two audio files at the same time, you will hear both of them mixed in your speakers/headphones, and in most laptops when you plug in your headphones it will disable the speakers.
what you need to to is install another soundcard into your computer, however this wil only work if you have a pc, as laptops dont normally have any spare pci slots for extra sound cards.
i will assume you are (or want to be) a DJ. what DJs do is they have an 'external' sound card. this is a box which plugs into your computers usb drive and has efectivly 2 sound cards inside it. you can plug two sets of speakers into it (or one speaker set and one headphone) and it has a switch or 'mixer' ontop which will let you decide which chanel is playing out of the speakers and which one plays out of your headphones. this piece of hard ware works with special software on your computer to allow you to, in effect 'play' 2 songs at once. you will need to go to an audio shop to get these, however you can probibly get them online.
unfortunitially there is no software which can do this alone. it needs the special hardware sory.
no unfortunitially not. the sound card in computers has only one chanel, and will only let you play one song at a time. if you have more then one audio player on your computer, and play two audio files at the same time, you will hear both of them mixed in your speakers/headphones, and in most laptops when you plug in your headphones it will disable the speakers.
what you need to to is install another soundcard into your computer, however this wil only work if you have a pc, as laptops dont normally have any spare pci slots for extra sound cards.
i will assume you are (or want to be) a DJ. what DJs do is they have an 'external' sound card. this is a box which plugs into your computers usb drive and has efectivly 2 sound cards inside it. you can plug two sets of speakers into it (or one speaker set and one headphone) and it has a switch or 'mixer' ontop which will let you decide which chanel is playing out of the speakers and which one plays out of your headphones. this piece of hard ware works with special software on your computer to allow you to, in effect 'play' 2 songs at once. you will need to go to an audio shop to get these, however you can probibly get them online.
unfortunitially there is no software which can do this alone. it needs the special hardware sory.
What licence do you need to be a DJ in Second Life?
Blue
Answer
Yep no licence required. I'm a DJ in SL. It's great fun and if you think you have something to offer, then I strongly suggest you give it a try.
I rent my stream from Avery Robbiani in Second Life. It's L$500 (approx just over $2.10) per month; allows 50 listeners and runs at up to 192kbs. Check out Avery's profile for information on renting a stream from her. It's worth noting that many clubs have their own streams they may let you use, but even those places seem to feel a DJ with her/his own stream takes the job more seriously.
You will also need software that will work for streaming. The most popular is SAM Broadcaster, which is what I use, but it's very expensive to buy. Some people use WinAmp, but I don't like it as DJ software. Reaper is a very nice alternative to SAM and Reaper is free (Google it). This is great software if you are a bit more adventurous as it allows you to edit tracks: layer sounds over tracks and create a single file of an entire set. It also allows you to include markers that will bring up track listing announcements in SL chat.
Finally, you need a very extensive music collection. A few hundred CDs or downloaded albums isn't really going to cut it. I have a 1TB external hard drive stuffed with just music for DJing in SL and the 1TB internal hard drive on my computer is close to full - again, mostly with music. Others I don't use so often, I store on DVD disks. I have something like 1000 1940s songs alone, and 1940s isn't my main genre of music when it comes to DJing. While you may have a favourite music genre, it's worth having some music outside of your chosen field. You'll also need a good collection of popular artists and bands - even some you may personally loathe.
Remember that the Classic Rock, 80s and current charts genres are already well catered for in SL. I chose to keep current charts and 80s music to a minimum, seeing as there are plenty of people doing that already, but I advertise as a Rock DJ simply because I know I have an amazing rock music collection. My specialities are world music (all kinds), electronica, rock, progressive rock, 60s, psychedelic, Celtic Rock and ambient. I can touch on blues, jazz, soul, pop, punk, new wave, rock and roll/rockabilly, 1940s Big Band, movie soundtracks, indie and folk. Even with all of these genres, people STILL ask me to play songs I don't have.
While it's possible to make L$5000+ in tips on a good night DJing in SL, you will always be spending much more than you can make in adding music to your collection. SL DJs do what they do for the sheer pleasure of sharing great music, rather than to earn money. You're going to be spending countless hours creating playlists, during which time you will earn nothing. But none of that matters if you love music.
Yep no licence required. I'm a DJ in SL. It's great fun and if you think you have something to offer, then I strongly suggest you give it a try.
I rent my stream from Avery Robbiani in Second Life. It's L$500 (approx just over $2.10) per month; allows 50 listeners and runs at up to 192kbs. Check out Avery's profile for information on renting a stream from her. It's worth noting that many clubs have their own streams they may let you use, but even those places seem to feel a DJ with her/his own stream takes the job more seriously.
You will also need software that will work for streaming. The most popular is SAM Broadcaster, which is what I use, but it's very expensive to buy. Some people use WinAmp, but I don't like it as DJ software. Reaper is a very nice alternative to SAM and Reaper is free (Google it). This is great software if you are a bit more adventurous as it allows you to edit tracks: layer sounds over tracks and create a single file of an entire set. It also allows you to include markers that will bring up track listing announcements in SL chat.
Finally, you need a very extensive music collection. A few hundred CDs or downloaded albums isn't really going to cut it. I have a 1TB external hard drive stuffed with just music for DJing in SL and the 1TB internal hard drive on my computer is close to full - again, mostly with music. Others I don't use so often, I store on DVD disks. I have something like 1000 1940s songs alone, and 1940s isn't my main genre of music when it comes to DJing. While you may have a favourite music genre, it's worth having some music outside of your chosen field. You'll also need a good collection of popular artists and bands - even some you may personally loathe.
Remember that the Classic Rock, 80s and current charts genres are already well catered for in SL. I chose to keep current charts and 80s music to a minimum, seeing as there are plenty of people doing that already, but I advertise as a Rock DJ simply because I know I have an amazing rock music collection. My specialities are world music (all kinds), electronica, rock, progressive rock, 60s, psychedelic, Celtic Rock and ambient. I can touch on blues, jazz, soul, pop, punk, new wave, rock and roll/rockabilly, 1940s Big Band, movie soundtracks, indie and folk. Even with all of these genres, people STILL ask me to play songs I don't have.
While it's possible to make L$5000+ in tips on a good night DJing in SL, you will always be spending much more than you can make in adding music to your collection. SL DJs do what they do for the sheer pleasure of sharing great music, rather than to earn money. You're going to be spending countless hours creating playlists, during which time you will earn nothing. But none of that matters if you love music.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar