best external hard drive windows xp image
mbtafan
I can't find my external hard drive in Windows XP! It's an external drive and I have put some files onto it from a mac, but it claims that it is compatible with Windows XP as well.
In Computer Management it says "not initalized".
Answer
I've had exactly the same problem. Although the external hard drive is compatible with both Windows XP and OS X, it needs to be formatted in the MS-DOS File System for Windows to recognise it.
If you're prepared to reformat your hard drive, connect it to your Mac and use the Disk Utility application located in Applications > Utilities folder. Under the 'Erase' tab, select MS-DOS File System for the volume format and click erase. Obviously, you have to back up the files first.
I've had exactly the same problem. Although the external hard drive is compatible with both Windows XP and OS X, it needs to be formatted in the MS-DOS File System for Windows to recognise it.
If you're prepared to reformat your hard drive, connect it to your Mac and use the Disk Utility application located in Applications > Utilities folder. Under the 'Erase' tab, select MS-DOS File System for the volume format and click erase. Obviously, you have to back up the files first.
How can I install Windows XP from my External Hard Drive (Without a Windows XP Disk!)?
WHAT?
Hey. I lost my Windows XP disk, but I still have the serial for it. So, I have a netbook running Ubuntu 10.10. I'm wanting to switch it to Windows XP. My netbook is the Acer Aspire ZG5. I'm wanting to know how to install Windows XP on my external hard drive (Without my disk) and then use that external hard drive to install windows xp on my Netbook. Idk if I need the external hard drive to do it or not - you tell me. Thanks for any and all answers.
Answer
Before your OS loads, and bios appears. Press F8, whatever does the trick. Then click "Boot Manager" and choose External Hard Drive, or USB. Remeber have your External Hard Drive plugged in. Then restart the computer. Get Wintoflash. Go onto a computer with a DVD drive, and transfer the files to the Hard drive. Otherwise pirate XP.
However after doing some research doesn't seem like you can. With Windows 7 maybe, Linux you could but XP don't think you can.
Before your OS loads, and bios appears. Press F8, whatever does the trick. Then click "Boot Manager" and choose External Hard Drive, or USB. Remeber have your External Hard Drive plugged in. Then restart the computer. Get Wintoflash. Go onto a computer with a DVD drive, and transfer the files to the Hard drive. Otherwise pirate XP.
However after doing some research doesn't seem like you can. With Windows 7 maybe, Linux you could but XP don't think you can.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar