desktop hard drive external image
sann depp
I wanna know whether we can use a desktop hard drive with some connecting cables as an external usb drive. Can anyone please help me?
Answer
Yes you can and it is very common. I use a setup such as this to pull data from a dead hard drive and store it on my good system. (I repair computers.)
It is called an "external hard drive enclosure." www.newegg.com sells them for cheap, maybe $15 for a decent one. (You can trust newegg...that's where we techs buy our stuff when we have time to wait for the shipping.) Look at your hard drive and google the following terms:
"EIDE"
"SATA"
Then look at what those two connectors look like, compare them to the back of your hard drive, and determine which one would fit in your hard drive. Once you have found that, it is as simple as buying that style of enclosure from newegg. (i.e. "external SATA hard drive enclosure")
Yes you can and it is very common. I use a setup such as this to pull data from a dead hard drive and store it on my good system. (I repair computers.)
It is called an "external hard drive enclosure." www.newegg.com sells them for cheap, maybe $15 for a decent one. (You can trust newegg...that's where we techs buy our stuff when we have time to wait for the shipping.) Look at your hard drive and google the following terms:
"EIDE"
"SATA"
Then look at what those two connectors look like, compare them to the back of your hard drive, and determine which one would fit in your hard drive. Once you have found that, it is as simple as buying that style of enclosure from newegg. (i.e. "external SATA hard drive enclosure")
Can I place a 2 terabyte desktop hard drive to a laptop?
kjcollier8
I'm running low on storage on my laptop and thinking about purchasing a 2 terabyte external or internal hard drive. Problem is, I don't know anything about them. Can I purchase something like a "Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD20EARS" and place it in a regular Acer Aspire laptop?
Answer
Desktop drives will not fit in a laptop. You need to get a laptop drive but you have to know if it is PATA or SATA. Or you can use an external drive for extra space i.e. move pictures, MP3s, videos to external drive to free up space on the laptop drive.
Desktop drives will not fit in a laptop. You need to get a laptop drive but you have to know if it is PATA or SATA. Or you can use an external drive for extra space i.e. move pictures, MP3s, videos to external drive to free up space on the laptop drive.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar