best external desktop hard drive 2012 image
TheCaffein
Hey guys,
I'm planning on swapping out the 5400 RPM 1TB HDD that comes stock with my 21.5" iMac (late 2012) for a much faster SSD. Apple wanted to charge me $600 for the upgrade, so I decided to just do it myself. My question is: once/before I replace the HDD, what is the safest and most efficient way to backup OS X and all my files back onto the new SSD?
If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Answer
get a 1 TB external drive and go into the time machine app and the tutorial will tell you how to back up.
if you don't want to do that you can do one of 2 things.
1: open a finder window at the top of the sidebar there should be a section that says all my files highlight one of the files within then press command A This will highlight all the files. Then you copy and past into the back up drive.
2: on all Mac OS except linon and mountain lion there is a icon on the desktop that says Macintosh HD
click and drag this into the back up drive.
Either one of these may take a while due to high amounts of data I would sugest USB 3.0 drives but if you have the patience 2.0 will do just fine
get a 1 TB external drive and go into the time machine app and the tutorial will tell you how to back up.
if you don't want to do that you can do one of 2 things.
1: open a finder window at the top of the sidebar there should be a section that says all my files highlight one of the files within then press command A This will highlight all the files. Then you copy and past into the back up drive.
2: on all Mac OS except linon and mountain lion there is a icon on the desktop that says Macintosh HD
click and drag this into the back up drive.
Either one of these may take a while due to high amounts of data I would sugest USB 3.0 drives but if you have the patience 2.0 will do just fine
iMac 27 inch 2012 will it break easily?
John Crawl
I want to buy the newest iMac 27 inch and the highest specs. Here's the link, there's no added stuff from the list, just check the right side for specs, anyway, would it break since it's skinny?. Would the screen crack easily?. Tell me if it can break easily or anything like that, I don't want to waste 2,129 euro for a computer that breaks easily.
Answer
I have numerous macs of many different varieties from lap tops to towers to desktops. Several are iMacs. I have had no problems with the iMacs, with them being as reliable and durable as any other Macs. (With the exception of a problem with certain Superdrives that were replaced free when Apple found out they were prone to early failure.)
The iMac is the only Mac model I own that has a plastic case, so naturally it could be physically damaged easier than a metal cased tower or PowerBook. The iMacs are solid and well built, but need to be treated the same as monitors. Smash something into a monitor or its case and it will be damaged. I heard that some of the early iMacs had a case cracking problem, but that was fixed quickly and no problems have been found since. (It was a problem with the case supplier's molds making the corners around the screen too thin. The newer models not only have stronger molded corners, but even have reinforcing inside the case at the screen edges. Those defective iMac cases were replaced by Apple at no owner expense.)
The chief advantage of the iMac is its smaller footprint. The entire computer takes no more space (nor care) than a flat screen TV, or the monitors used with my Mac Pro Towers. The iMac doesn't need the extra space to store a bulky box with its cables in a place where it can be reached for Superdrive access. The downside is that it is not internally expandable. I can put 4 hard drives and 2 Superdrives in a tower case, but would have to use external units for the same expansion with an iMac.
I have numerous macs of many different varieties from lap tops to towers to desktops. Several are iMacs. I have had no problems with the iMacs, with them being as reliable and durable as any other Macs. (With the exception of a problem with certain Superdrives that were replaced free when Apple found out they were prone to early failure.)
The iMac is the only Mac model I own that has a plastic case, so naturally it could be physically damaged easier than a metal cased tower or PowerBook. The iMacs are solid and well built, but need to be treated the same as monitors. Smash something into a monitor or its case and it will be damaged. I heard that some of the early iMacs had a case cracking problem, but that was fixed quickly and no problems have been found since. (It was a problem with the case supplier's molds making the corners around the screen too thin. The newer models not only have stronger molded corners, but even have reinforcing inside the case at the screen edges. Those defective iMac cases were replaced by Apple at no owner expense.)
The chief advantage of the iMac is its smaller footprint. The entire computer takes no more space (nor care) than a flat screen TV, or the monitors used with my Mac Pro Towers. The iMac doesn't need the extra space to store a bulky box with its cables in a place where it can be reached for Superdrive access. The downside is that it is not internally expandable. I can put 4 hard drives and 2 Superdrives in a tower case, but would have to use external units for the same expansion with an iMac.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar