dell xps desktop hard drive failure image
PT
I have been searching for an answer for a while. My Dell XPS desktop is over 7 years old and about 3 weeks ago it started turning off over and over again (as if there was a power failure). Thinking it was overheating, I then cleaned a ton of dust out of it, and it then ran for a week strait without a problem. But then after a week, it turned off again without warning, but this time when I powered it back up, the power light stayed yellow (normally turns green) and nothing at all will come up on the monitor.
Yesterday, I tried turning it on, and the power light went green and I was able to get as far as loading XP but I never go ta chance to do anything before it turned off on me again. Now, when I turn it on, the pwr light stays yellow, the led light on the case won't turn on, and neither of the CD rom's will open...but the fans seems to be working.
So, is this the power supply? THe mother board? What??? I know it's probably shot, but I want to figure out #1 could by some miracle it be a cheap/easy fix, and if not #2 my next move will be to try to get my files off the hard drive
Answer
First of all - don't panic! Your files are probably okay, since we know that the hard drive works because it got as far as loading XP.
You said it stopped and shut down while loading XP - try reading the first article in Source to see if one of these solutions helps you.
There is also a general article about problems with booting up your PC. Try reading that as well.
The most important thing is to not panic - I was recently fixing a PC that was constantly getting error messages and I thought I had lost the data forever, but that is normally pretty rare.
Good luck with your problems!
First of all - don't panic! Your files are probably okay, since we know that the hard drive works because it got as far as loading XP.
You said it stopped and shut down while loading XP - try reading the first article in Source to see if one of these solutions helps you.
There is also a general article about problems with booting up your PC. Try reading that as well.
The most important thing is to not panic - I was recently fixing a PC that was constantly getting error messages and I thought I had lost the data forever, but that is normally pretty rare.
Good luck with your problems!
Drive 4 not found. Parallel ATA PATA-0 (PRI IDE Master) ?
a n n u h
i am using a dell xps 400 desktop. recently, the D: drive disappeared and at boot up, i get the Primary Hard Drive 0 Failure, Press F1. I also have a low system battery voltage message. The other error message i got was Drive 4 not found. Parallel ATA PATA-0 (PRI IDE Master). When i turn on the computer, i hear something like a clicky noise and it goes away after a minute or so. I'm currently running windows XP and do not have strong knowledge in this problem area. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Answer
Backup what you can now. It sounds like the drive is about to die.
Backup what you can now. It sounds like the drive is about to die.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar