external hard drive 0 kb image
Peter
I'm planning to buy this external hard drive to transfer my files between my PC to a Mac I'm going to get. I have to transfer my files in 1 day because I have to send this computer with my aunt to give to my cousins, who live in another country. If I use this external hard drive, is it compatible with a Mac that way all my files will be transferred?
Toshiba Canvio 500 GB External hard drive - 5.0 Gbps (SuperSpeed USB) - 5400 rpm
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Canvio+3.0+500GB+External+USB+3.0+Portable+Hard+Drive+-+Black/White/1758088.p?id=1218292495616&skuId=1758088&st=Toshiba%20Canvio%20500%20GB%20External%20hard%20drive%20-%205.0%20Gbps%20(SuperSpeed%20USB)%20-%205400%20rpm&cp=1&lp=2
If they cannot be transferred, what is another way I can transfer my files from my PC to my Mac, which I haven't bought yet within a day?
Also, I may get my Mac in a week or possibly later today (its early in the morning). So, If I get it today, any ideas on how I can transfer many files quickly?
Also, I have a Dell Inspiron, so is that external hard drive compatible with both computers?
Answer
You can transfer your files by simply connecting your PC and Mac together using an Ethernet cable. That will be cheaper, reasonably fast, and much easier.
Complete instructions are here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2518
Just scroll down to the "Direct connect" section.
You can transfer your files by simply connecting your PC and Mac together using an Ethernet cable. That will be cheaper, reasonably fast, and much easier.
Complete instructions are here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2518
Just scroll down to the "Direct connect" section.
How much memory is on my computer?
rose
I have a Mac book and I want to know how much memory is on it so I can buy an external hard drive. How could I figure that out? Thanks.
Answer
Memory and Hard drive are not the same thing. Memory usually refers to the RAM Memory chips in the machine. The hard drive is usually referred to as storage.
The amount of memory or hard drive do not have a direct bearing on whether an external hard drive is compatible. However, if your intention is to set up a backup drive (for TimeMachine for example) then you should have an external hard drive which is larger than your internal drive.
If you go to you Desktop in the Finder, You should see an icon of a hard drive, usually called Macintosh HD
(if you don't have an icon, go to Preferences under the Finder's menu,, and click the checkbox beside Show Hard Disks)
If you click once on the hard drive icon, and hit Command I (Get Info) or if you right click on the icon and pull down to Get Information, it will tell you the size of the hard drive, and how much space is remaining empty on it.
Keybaord shortcuts http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343
Note: Technically, this is telling you the volume size, not the hard drive size. They are the same if the drive has one partition on it. When a hard disk has more than partition on it, they will each show up separately on the desktop as different "drives" (volumes). In that case, you can check the hardware drive size by opening Disk Utility (Applications folder, Utilities folder)
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3805963?start=0&tstart=0
Memory and Hard drive are not the same thing. Memory usually refers to the RAM Memory chips in the machine. The hard drive is usually referred to as storage.
The amount of memory or hard drive do not have a direct bearing on whether an external hard drive is compatible. However, if your intention is to set up a backup drive (for TimeMachine for example) then you should have an external hard drive which is larger than your internal drive.
If you go to you Desktop in the Finder, You should see an icon of a hard drive, usually called Macintosh HD
(if you don't have an icon, go to Preferences under the Finder's menu,, and click the checkbox beside Show Hard Disks)
If you click once on the hard drive icon, and hit Command I (Get Info) or if you right click on the icon and pull down to Get Information, it will tell you the size of the hard drive, and how much space is remaining empty on it.
Keybaord shortcuts http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343
Note: Technically, this is telling you the volume size, not the hard drive size. They are the same if the drive has one partition on it. When a hard disk has more than partition on it, they will each show up separately on the desktop as different "drives" (volumes). In that case, you can check the hardware drive size by opening Disk Utility (Applications folder, Utilities folder)
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3805963?start=0&tstart=0
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar