Bought a roxio gamecap HD pro found out it doesnt record in game chat :P?

reviews external hard drive macbook pro on Mcculloch, mac externe harddisk herkennen, scandisk rescue pro ...
reviews external hard drive macbook pro image



Joe


So before i bought this i watched a video review and in his review he said you could record in game chat but that's wrong i guess i even checked the help forums and they said only background audio. Seeing as a bought this from ebay and already opened so i cant return it now so im pretty miffed but still need a capture card that can record in game game chat and supports component as well as hdmi any suggestions?


Answer
Rule of thumb, if you buy off ebay then make sure you can return the merchandise or at least get technical support. It is insane to buy things these days without technical support. Yeah! I know - if the price is right then press the buy button. O wait, what about the important things like follow up customer support. You should never have to go anywhere else to get tech support for something that you bought from a store. You should be able to return to the seller or the store to get answers! In fact you should be able to ask them questions before the sell.

Sorry to hear you got drawn in and scammed! Next time do your research. I'm going to give you some ground rules and some basic information on all this stuff so this crap won't happen to you again. Hopefully these few words will help you in your future buy.

Recording footage from a console video game can be very difficult if you don't know where to start or if you think you need a powerful computer. Most people asking this question think they need a good high power computer, mac, or laptop to record. YOU DON'T!

If you want to create a video review or strategy guide for a game, or if you want to feature clips from the game in another creative endeavor, you will have to decide if you want to record with a computer connected to a capture card or if you want to record without the limitations of computer.

What does recording without a computer consist of? It consists of using a HD PVR. A HD PVR is a device like your satellite or cable box. It records video games and TV without the use of a computer. To use a HD PVR, you'll need to connect your xbox 360, ps3, or wii directly to the HD PVR. Footage will record directly to the HD PVR and can be edited on the HD PVR or transferred to a computer (if you want to).

There are several methods you can use to record video games, each varying in cost, ease, and quality.

Now it can't be any HD PVR, which means you can't connect your satellite or cable box HD PVR to your video game console (xbox, wii, playstation ps3) and start recording. You need something that is called a Gaming HD PVR. These are standalone HD PVRs that record directly from the gaming console to a hard drive, memory, or network without the use of a computer. It is in a sense a fast computer packed into a small box for recording video games.

The first method available is the Newelectronx HD PVR. It is a gold standard for recording directly from your video game console to a hard drive without a computer. It is fast, easy, and simple to use. It is virtually plug and play! The perfect standalone HD PVR to get decent video game footage recorded to memory, hard drive, or network.

Hauppauge makes a capture card called a HD-PVR. It passes through the video game footage to a high speed computer. The high speed computer then compresses the video game footage using software on the computer/laptop into h.264 or equivalent.

Keep in mind a CAPTURE CARD is way different than an HD PVR. A capture card requires a FAST computer to work. Without a computer, laptop, or macbook pro a capture card is nothing but a circuit board in plastic box. Open any of the capture cards that I point out here and you will see that it is a thin circuit board surrounded by plastic. Yep, that is what you spend all that money on. grin! :)

Avermedia, Roxio, and Elgato make the same exact device, but just call it what it is - a capture card. These competing devices do exactly the same thing. THEY REQUIRE A FAST COMPUTER TO WORK!

Avermedia makes a device similar to the Newelectronx HD PVR also. It's called the Gamecap HD, which is standalone and records to its own hard drive. The only difference is that Newelectronx HD PVR can also save to SD card, flash, network, external USB, or directly to your computer.

Saving money and sacrificing quality, I would recommend Dazzle or Easycap. They also need computers to work, but generally the computer does not have to be fast. These normally record in a lower resolution also.

Don't forget to also look at Blackmagic.... These suggestions should help get you started at least.

Should I get a PC or Mac for college?




pigglet_pr


Ok. I know most people are really biased on this topic, which only makes it more confusing. So here is what I need.
Disk drive
Decent visuals
Ease of use for writing papers and other assignment needs

So my problem is that I am not strongly opinionated on this subject.
I have always had PCs at home, but my high school gives everyone their own macbook pro to use while they are a student. So I am comfortable with both.
I have not used the new Windows 8 though, our current pc has windows 7.
I can afford a Mac, but I would prefer to save as much money as I can.

I have been looking at the macbook pro and a dell ultrabook.
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-14z-5423/pd.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15z-5523/pd.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs
If I got the dell, I would get it with and i5 processor, 600 GB of memory, and 500 GB hard drive. (and probably an external hard drive)

The problem I have with this dell is that some reviews have said that it has low resolution and makes the images look rather cartoonish.

My brother-in-law is a programmer and he says to get a dell, but many others have told me to by a mac. This has led me to be very indecisive.

I am also open to other pc options.
I don't really need some of the applications on the mac either (example-photo shop)
I also do a little bit of light gaming-sims-and watch netflix a lot on my computer.



Answer
I would stay with the PC line for practical reasons. MAC's are much more expensive, not near as many applications as a pc platform, and when something goes wrong, just try for yourself, call some technicians to get pricing on repairs. You will find out that technicianscians who work on them are few and far between, parts for the MAC's are simply outrageous. Now since every one and their mother owns a MAC, viruses are now readily available for them. But, unlike the PC, the virus scanners which are fairly new to the MAC, are not near as robust. I am a Systems Admin of over 21 years, and unless there is a specific piece of software that must use a MAC, I would not purchase one from a practical and cost stand point.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar