Q. http://www.buy.com/prod/simpletech-320gb-simpledrive-hard-drive-interface-usb-2-0-external/q/loc/101/204853788.html
Lately I have been trying to use it, but every time I run it, it lights up once and doesn't do anything. It doesn't get detected on my computer on both USB boths, I tried a different computer and still nothing. I tried going into administration tools and it is still not detected there. I don't know what else to do - even if I cannot use this hard drive, I would really wish to obtain the data on this hard drive and put it on my internal hard drive...
I should have never trusted an external hard drive...
The warrenty ISN'T out ... I've had it for like four months!
Lately I have been trying to use it, but every time I run it, it lights up once and doesn't do anything. It doesn't get detected on my computer on both USB boths, I tried a different computer and still nothing. I tried going into administration tools and it is still not detected there. I don't know what else to do - even if I cannot use this hard drive, I would really wish to obtain the data on this hard drive and put it on my internal hard drive...
I should have never trusted an external hard drive...
The warrenty ISN'T out ... I've had it for like four months!
Answer
Please note that I give the following information recommending that you use it ONLY if you have some technical experience and feel comfortable working with computer hardware. SEE ADDENDUM AT BOTTOM...
Is this external hard drive one that you can, perhaps, open and remove the actual hard drive from the casing?
If it is, and you are technically inclined enough (and comfortable enough) to do so, you can remove the hard drive from the plastic chassis. Once you separate the hard drive from the chassis, it should look just like a regular, old hard drive. At this point, you could add the hard drive to your existing desktop PC. Of course, if it's an IDE drive, make sure you adhere to the MASTER/SLAVE restrictions and connect in the proper fasion. If it's a SATA drive, then the connection can be simpler, IF you have the right cables.
The biggest problem you may run into is IF the hard drive included in the plastic shell is an IDE laptop hard drive, you'd need a special adapter to convert from laptop IDE to desktop IDE. Those converters are inexpensive, however... so if your data is valuable to you, it might be worth it to buy one.
Now, if you're lucky, once you have the hard drive hooked to your system you'll be able to see it once you boot the computer. Now you can copy all your data to another drive for safe keeping. Heck, if the drive is a standard hard disk, you could even permanently mount it in your desktop case as a second drive.
If that doesn't work, and the drive still comes up completely dead, even running off of your desktop, then you are in a world of hurt. There are places that will recover data off of dead hard drives (I will include in the sources), but note that they are extremely expensive!
I truly hope you are able to recover your precious data!!
ADDENDUM: You can also use the following device to attach ANY type of hard drive to a computer using your USB port, which would be even easier!
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2329300&CatId=3770
It's $20... but it will allow you to take ANY kind of hard drive that is inside the plastic casing of your failed external hard drive and hook it to your desktop via USB. As long as the hard drive itself is not damaged, this should be an EASY way to recover all your data.
Please note that I give the following information recommending that you use it ONLY if you have some technical experience and feel comfortable working with computer hardware. SEE ADDENDUM AT BOTTOM...
Is this external hard drive one that you can, perhaps, open and remove the actual hard drive from the casing?
If it is, and you are technically inclined enough (and comfortable enough) to do so, you can remove the hard drive from the plastic chassis. Once you separate the hard drive from the chassis, it should look just like a regular, old hard drive. At this point, you could add the hard drive to your existing desktop PC. Of course, if it's an IDE drive, make sure you adhere to the MASTER/SLAVE restrictions and connect in the proper fasion. If it's a SATA drive, then the connection can be simpler, IF you have the right cables.
The biggest problem you may run into is IF the hard drive included in the plastic shell is an IDE laptop hard drive, you'd need a special adapter to convert from laptop IDE to desktop IDE. Those converters are inexpensive, however... so if your data is valuable to you, it might be worth it to buy one.
Now, if you're lucky, once you have the hard drive hooked to your system you'll be able to see it once you boot the computer. Now you can copy all your data to another drive for safe keeping. Heck, if the drive is a standard hard disk, you could even permanently mount it in your desktop case as a second drive.
If that doesn't work, and the drive still comes up completely dead, even running off of your desktop, then you are in a world of hurt. There are places that will recover data off of dead hard drives (I will include in the sources), but note that they are extremely expensive!
I truly hope you are able to recover your precious data!!
ADDENDUM: You can also use the following device to attach ANY type of hard drive to a computer using your USB port, which would be even easier!
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2329300&CatId=3770
It's $20... but it will allow you to take ANY kind of hard drive that is inside the plastic casing of your failed external hard drive and hook it to your desktop via USB. As long as the hard drive itself is not damaged, this should be an EASY way to recover all your data.
How do i run Itunes with music from my external hard drive?
My hard drive on my Mac laptop is full and i decided to put all my music on an external hard drive. How do i use the external hard drive with itunes without importing all the songs back onto the laptop every time?
Answer
in itunes: file>add folder>select your folder from where ever
I am running my music in itunes from my external drive. it will just import them off the external drive. As long as you have the external drive hooked up it will work.
Your just importing the songs from the external drive instead of the desktop.
in itunes: file>add folder>select your folder from where ever
I am running my music in itunes from my external drive. it will just import them off the external drive. As long as you have the external drive hooked up it will work.
Your just importing the songs from the external drive instead of the desktop.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar